Sign in to follow this  
eyesguy

1969 Mach 1 428 CJ

I purchased this project car when my son was in high school. I had intended to rebuild this car while teaching my son about engines, etc. After starting he lost interest.... so I lost interest and put the car on the back patio and put a car cover over it. That was 8 years and 5 car covers ago! We are getting ready to remodel our house and the wife says she wants that old hunk of metal off the patio. :frown: So I am getting rid of the car. It has some missing parts - intake manifold was replaced with a 2 barrel and the carb and shaker assembly where missing when I bought it, I doubt the hood is the original. It has matching numbers and some rust. I did get a Marti report on the car. It is a C6 automatic.

Is it better to sell the parts or sell the car whole?

I am in Oklahoma City, OK. Interested parties can email me at pcpeekers@cox.net.

If it's an original and fairly complete 428 CJ Mach I (and it sounds like it is) then it's definitely worthy of a restoration. I would not part it out unless it is disintegrating into dust. Hoods, scoops, fenders and floors can be replaced. If you've got some pics, post them. I guarantee there is a market for that car. Just my 2c. (Welcome to the forum, BTW!)

I wish you lived closer, I'd check it out myself.

I bought a rough one, and have replaced 60% of the sheet metal. It to is numbers matching. Do not part it out. It is worth more money complete than apart. Send me a pm if you want more info or where to head.

cheers. Looking forward to the pics