Sign in to follow this  
POJ_69

realigning engine bay

Hello all, I have been working on my 69 fastback, replacing battery apron and radiator support. The battery apron and radiator support on the car were damaged by an accident and rust, so I couldnt take any measurements prior to removing purchased a drawing showing rail dimensions for checking alignment and the rails are straight. Is there a measurement, or series of measurements that would ensure the aprons are aligned correctly before I weld everything in place? The left hand inner gaurd seems to be about 12 mm past the left hand end of the radiator support. I have ordered an export brace and monte carlo bar to ensure the turrets are in the right place. Thanks for any help. I am in Australia.

Get the factory shop manuals for a 1969 Mustang. I believe it's in the body section that will have all the critical measurements for the car. You can get all 5 volumes on CD at ebay for around $20.

Hmmm...I have the 5 shop manuals on CD and spent a few minutes paging through and didn't see the specifications he was asking about. There is a CRAPLOAD of good info in here, but I didn't see it.

Just trying to save him $20 US if it ain't in there, or if I could find it and post it.

Tom