Sign in to follow this  
joe's69

how many 69 gt coupe??

Yeah, I'm sure a 390 shaker GT coupe is pretty rare. If you have the paper work the VIN # should be on something then you should be able to track the cars whereabouts (or last known at least) thru the DMV.

Yeah, I'm sure a 390 shaker GT coupe is pretty rare. If you have the paper work the VIN # should be on something then you should be able to track the cars whereabouts (or last known at least) thru the DMV.

thats a great idea, i'll have to have my old man look for the papers. the vin # is on the top if i remember rite.. i cant beleave i never thought of that before. thanks

also that photo cleaned up good.. thanks again

ok there's a lot of incorrect info floating around here on the 69 GT's. first off the stripes are in the correct location on your Dad's car and his car had the standard chrome drivers remote mirror and no passenger side mirror, my car came that way too. also in Pak's retouched pic i can just make out the quad tip on the drivers side. only 4v cars got dual exhaust with the quad tips and even though all non-shaker GT's had non-functional scoops "most" GT's, not all but most, at least most of the 4v cars anyway, had a cutout in the hood under the scoop that was blocked off at the factory so it is fairly easy to convert them to functional ram air.

my car was originally lime gold with a black top, blackout hood, black GT stripe, black vinyl top and ivy gold standard interior with console. it is an M-code automatic car with factory AC, PS and disc brakes. it also came equipped with tinted wibndows, clock and parking brake warning light as well the visibility group option (i think all 69 GT's got the vis. group actually and the chrome remote drivers mirror was part of that option).

my car is still for sale but i'm not going to lower the price any more from the last post, i don't need to sell him so if i don't get what i'm asking i'll just keep him until the economy comes back around, he's been my friend for a very long time being my first car and all, got him in '84.

if you (or anyone) need info on my car or any kind of general info on the 69 GT's just let me know.

ok there's a lot of incorrect info floating around here on the 69 GT's.

You'll have to excuse the hack job we did, our resident GT expert has been MIA for some time now and they were big knowledgable shoes to fill.:whistling:

* GT emblem on flip-top gas cap (not screw on)

* Non-functional hood scoop with integrated turn signals

* Pin style hood locks

* "GT stripes" along bottom of doors between front and rear wheels

* Beefier suspension, springs, shocks, and front sway bar

* Dual exhaust with cutouts in rear valance, rolled-edge chrome dual tips

* H, M, S, Q, and R codes only

* Some stuff I'm forgetting

Well, that knocks me out. I guess I just have one of the over 100,000 plane jain coupes. That's actually a good thing. I don't need to feel guilty about restoring it "incorrectly", :shifty:

This is probably off the subject somewhat but my son and I own a 69 Mustang coupe. It came off the line Aztec Aqua, red when I bought it. It has the nonfunctioning hood scoop w/turn signals, 302 2V motor, dual racing mirrors, LH mirror has a remote adj knob. It also has chrome GT wheels w/center caps. It was April '69 build San Jose.

Is this the GT attraction group package? I know real GTs came w/351.

Hey Hoover, I shall defer to bnickel as the resident GT guy, but my son's car fits your description of options though it is not a GT. I think many coupes came with the hood scoop w/integrated signals, deluxe interior (adj mirrors, etc.), and so forth, but the only way to be real sure is to get a Marti report. They're pretty cheap and fun to know the real origin of your car.

Your door tag would tell you also if that was an original 302 or somebody swapped out another motor. As you suggested, 302s were not a GT equipment motor.