Sign in to follow this  
69stang

2011 Mustang ... WOW!

Some Key figures taken from the article:

2011-ford-mustang-GT-front-three-quarter-burnout.jpg

0-60 - 4.3 seconds

1/4 Mile -12.8

Dyno Test!

2011 Mustang 5.0 (4th gear pull, 15% powertrain loss)

Claimed horsepower: 412 hp @ 6500 rpm

Claimed torque: 390 lb-ft @ 4250 rpm

Actual horsepower: 435 hp 6500 rpm

Actual torque: 404 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm

Both its lateral acceleration (0.94 g) and figure-eight time (25.3 seconds at 0.75 g) are superior to those of the our best SS (0.90, 25.8 at 0.80) and SRT-8 (0.87, 26.74 at 0.679).

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_1003_2011_ford_mustang_gt_premium_test/acceleration_performance.html

I think it's great that they stepped it up and are fighting back in the HP wars, it's like the 60's all over again but sadly I'm still not attracted to the redesign. I just don't think a lot of the exterior changes were a step in the right direction, particularly the ass. Ironicly though I think the new 2011 Shelby GT350 is the sexiest looking Stang to come around in a long long time. I don't know how they did it but they actually fixed the ass big time, I hope they release that body kit as an aftermarket piece, if they do I may just be driving a new stang daily once again even if it is the six which doesn't look like a slouch in the power department either.

2011-shelby-GT350-front-three-quarters-passenger-2.jpg

2011-shelby-GT350-front-view-static.jpg

2011-shelby-GT350-rear-view-static.jpg

Amen Pakrat. I am with you in the back end department. Looks fast when it's parked. Any word on how many 350's are going into production? I should be able to afford one when I'm ...... 85 years old:wheelchair:...give or take a decade. Of course, I will have to sell my house, the coupe, the tools, the dog, the kids, and my soul to the devil to get behind the wheel of one of those wicked toys.

I don't think they plan to make many but even if they did it would have to be my only toy to get one and I'm not giving up classic top down iron for anything. I do hope that body kit catches on though, it just has to. I even love the little tiny understated scoop at the rocker panel which as I understand is functional for the rear brakes.