Sign in to follow this  
LEE 69

Gear vendors overdrive

Hi Guys

a newbie here from down under (Australia)

Just wondered if anyone on this forum has any experience with the Gear vendors overdrive, as I am thinking of putting it on my Mustang, and nobody down here knows much about them, any info would be appreciated, the car has a FMX box and at present running 400bhp at the wheels.

cheers

Lee

Hi Guys

a newbie here from down under (Australia)

Just wondered if anyone on this forum has any experience with the Gear vendors overdrive, as I am thinking of putting it on my Mustang, and nobody down here knows much about them, any info would be appreciated, the car has a FMX box and at present running 400bhp at the wheels.

cheers

Lee

No personal experience, but I read quite a bit about it & never heard anything negative. They have been around for a long time & the hardware is very strong but you do need to shorten the driveshaft. There were several articles in the magazines about it I think, including Mustang Monthly.

Although I really have no personal expirence with one,we are using a GV overdrive in my protect Kama Kaase prostreet.They're expensive at around 3k.

It will be mated to a C6 with a 1000hp engine and I've heard very good comments about it.

I put one on a 73 Cuda. It works good but has a massive klunk when it kicks in and out. After talking with the company they said that was normal. The car is fun with the overdrive but I had to set it up so I can control the over drive so it only kicks in I turn it on.

Todd