Sign in to follow this  
Jayru

Anyone using a TMI Center Console (PONY STYLE)

I hate not having cup holders or a console in my car. Thinking about using the TMI one. But i'm nervous an aftermarket console that doesn't go up to the dash may look weird. I'd like to see a pic of it installed in the car.

Link is below:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/product.asp?pn=CON21B&SID=sid&EID=eid&lm=site&bhcd2=1268956212

Thanks!

Jay

I hate not having cup holders or a console in my car. Thinking about using the TMI one. But i'm nervous an aftermarket console that doesn't go up to the dash may look weird. I'd like to see a pic of it installed in the car.

Link is below:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/product.asp?pn=CON21B&SID=sid&EID=eid&lm=site&bhcd2=1268956212

Thanks!

Jay

Im going to order one pretty soon and when I do I will put up lots of pictures. It seems like no one has ordered these things so far. There is an article by mustang monthly where they installed one in an earlier mustang and it looked nice. But they had it sitting too far forward. http://www.mustangandfords.com/techarticles/interior/mufp_0609_tmi_upholstery_interior_restoration/index.html

Opie where you get those seats?

Im going to build a modified stock console when the time comes, have just the stock unit to chop up and fiberglass...Some one needs to build a nice aftermarket unit for us.

It must have the following items

#1 At least one single cup Holder

#2 at least 2 guage pods

#3 a Light

#4 A cig lighter for you smokers

#5. I would love to see one with a USB Plug in for Ipods and such

This is what im going to attempt to stuff in mine

#6 Speaker pods at the front so we dont have to use those ugly ass kick panel pods with speakers in them,,,,,sorry guys that have them those sit too far in the floor.

Mike

those are fiero seats. i had mr. mikes make the covers to match the design of the factory seats. these seats are very comfortable. i also like having the speakers in the headrest. Pakrat put me onto the idea of the seats.

To the OP. I have that exact TMI console in my 67. I will try to get some pictures of it installed. The 2 issues I have with the console are 1. I had to straighten the shifter on my 3 speed to clear the front of the console and 2. The cup holders aren't very good for anything but a small cup or can of pop. They also have a weird shaped bottom to the cupholders. I will try to get pictures of that as well. I do like the size of the storage compartment compared to the other style console with the side by side cupholders.