Sign in to follow this  
3906pack

ignition key cylander replacement

Stick a pin/paper clip or similar in the hole next to the key with the key in ____ position and it comes right out. Can't remember which position the key has to be in though, something other than off. You'll have to try each one till you get it.

Stick a pin/paper clip or similar in the hole next to the key with the key in ____ position and it comes right out. Can't remember which position the key has to be in though, something other than off. You'll have to try each one till you get it.

Straighten out a small paper clip and insert into the small hole on the face of the ignition switch, with the key in the ignition. Push paper clip in and rotate key to accessory position and pull out.

Straighten out a small paper clip and insert into the small hole on the face of the ignition switch, with the key in the ignition. Push paper clip in and rotate key to accessory position and pull out.

Paper clip like they said. Switch with key on accessory. Push the clip into the whole and as you're pushing the clip in, rotate the key past the accessory position(counter clockwise). You should feel it go past the normal position. Once past the accessory, simply wiggle it out.

Paper clip like they said. Switch with key on accessory. Push the clip into the whole and as you're pushing the clip in, rotate the key past the accessory position(counter clockwise). You should feel it go past the normal position. Once past the accessory, simply wiggle it out.

This is great because I am going to be replacing mine this weekend. I found directions on the internet but you know what, no one tells you what has to happen to put the new one in? Does it simply push into place?

You have to put it in the opposite way you took it out put a pin in the hole with it turned all the way to the left insert it and you have to finagle it into place its kind of a bitch getting it out because you really have to turn the key all the way to the left and it feels almost like the keys going to snap off.

This is great because I am going to be replacing mine this weekend. I found directions on the internet but you know what, no one tells you what has to happen to put the new one in? Does it simply push into place?

You have to put it in the opposite way you took it out put a pin in the hole with it turned all the way to the left insert it and you have to finagle it into place its kind of a bitch getting it out because you really have to turn the key all the way to the left and it feels almost like the keys going to snap off.