Sign in to follow this  
StephenC

69 mustang rust under battery tray.

Depending on how bad it is you could cut a flat sheet & weld it in. Otherwise you will need to purchase a replacement panel & cut out what you need to patch.

Depending on how bad it is you could cut a flat sheet & weld it in. Otherwise you will need to purchase a replacement panel & cut out what you need to patch.

Yeah its called the Pass Side front fender Apron.

I replaced mine in about 3-4 hours could have done it in less but didnt wana get in a hurry.

Its easiest to just cut the whole thing out with a saw of your choice, stay about 2 inches away from the adjoining panels and spot welds, then you have to go back and drill the spot welds out, then insert new panel dril holes and weld it in, its really pretty simple, but you will be cutting it loose from the front core support, the pass shock tower, and the frame LOL.

If you get ready to do it let me know and I can shoot you some pictures of before during and after.

I have a good stock battery tray thats been blasted and primed for sale if your looking for STOCK parts. I am putting my battery in the trunk.

Mike

I replaced mine in about 3-4 hours could have done it in less but didnt wana get in a hurry.

Its easiest to just cut the whole thing out with a saw of your choice, stay about 2 inches away from the adjoining panels and spot welds, then you have to go back and drill the spot welds out, then insert new panel dril holes and weld it in, its really pretty simple, but you will be cutting it loose from the front core support, the pass shock tower, and the frame LOL.

If you get ready to do it let me know and I can shoot you some pictures of before during and after.

I have a good stock battery tray thats been blasted and primed for sale if your looking for STOCK parts. I am putting my battery in the trunk.

Mike

Mike

ah yes, hopefully just the apron. If the front end is all off I have drilled all the spot weld and removed those in about 15 minutes per side. Probably the simplest panel on the car to weld in a replacement. Good practice panel for bigger things.

ah yes, hopefully just the apron. If the front end is all off I have drilled all the spot weld and removed those in about 15 minutes per side. Probably the simplest panel on the car to weld in a replacement. Good practice panel for bigger things.

I did it backwards revhead LOL I replaced the Upper and lower cowls, then the rear apron and finally the front apron then strut rod supports HAHAH.

Also be careful and take note of the lower core support in tht area it will likley have rust in it, if it does patch it BEFORE you put in the apron, it will be so much easier to weld in new metal and grind it down with the apron out.

Mike

I did it backwards revhead LOL I replaced the Upper and lower cowls, then the rear apron and finally the front apron then strut rod supports HAHAH.

Also be careful and take note of the lower core support in tht area it will likley have rust in it, if it does patch it BEFORE you put in the apron, it will be so much easier to weld in new metal and grind it down with the apron out.

Mike

Mike