Sign in to follow this  
Pakrat

Any of you guys a free Mason?

Well like most everything in this country I have no doubt it originated in Massachusetts, I'm all for an offline discussion but not exactly sure why it can't be an open one, does it tread on the same ground as political or religious views?

Anyhow the one thing I know for sure is that these days they seem to want you to ask and you aren't just chosen. According to the radio ads they are opening all their doors to the public Saturday the 27th. I was just curious, probably not curious enough to spend my Saturday finding the closest one but they sounded cool in National Treasure.

Well like most everything in this country I have no doubt it originated in Massachusetts, I'm all for an offline discussion but not exactly sure why it can't be an open one, does it tread on the same ground as political or religious views?

Anyhow the one thing I know for sure is that these days they seem to want you to ask and you aren't just chosen. According to the radio ads they are opening all their doors to the public Saturday the 27th. I was just curious, probably not curious enough to spend my Saturday finding the closest one but they sounded cool in National Treasure.

No it didnt originate in Massachussets. It is a fraternal order in existence long before the US was colonized. As for religious views, they do require a belief in God.

If they are openly broadcasting for people's interest, you may ask someone you know locally to be a Mason about the fraternity. You can not join only because you ask, but your interest and ther person's recommendation to a local Lodge will start the process to see if you are accepted.

The Fraternity is a large supporter of many charities and the basis for the Shriner's organization and the many good works they support.

Radio ads, while not really the traditional way of acquiring new brothers to the fraternity, which I suspect are being used to attract more brothers as recent years have seen a decline in Lodge members and the fundamental foundation for the many charities and other fraternities stemming from basis of Free Masonry. With this decline in fraternity members it reduces the ability to continue to support these charitable works.

So, with that said, if you want to meet a great group of guys and support both your community charities and national charities and good works, plus learn a lot of cool traditions and history, check out what the radio ads are saying or seek out a member Mason and find our more for yourself if you would like to be a member. I have found many a great friend in there.

No it didnt originate in Massachussets. It is a fraternal order in existence long before the US was colonized. As for religious views, they do require a belief in God.

If they are openly broadcasting for people's interest, you may ask someone you know locally to be a Mason about the fraternity. You can not join only because you ask, but your interest and ther person's recommendation to a local Lodge will start the process to see if you are accepted.

The Fraternity is a large supporter of many charities and the basis for the Shriner's organization and the many good works they support.

Radio ads, while not really the traditional way of acquiring new brothers to the fraternity, which I suspect are being used to attract more brothers as recent years have seen a decline in Lodge members and the fundamental foundation for the many charities and other fraternities stemming from basis of Free Masonry. With this decline in fraternity members it reduces the ability to continue to support these charitable works.

So, with that said, if you want to meet a great group of guys and support both your community charities and national charities and good works, plus learn a lot of cool traditions and history, check out what the radio ads are saying or seek out a member Mason and find our more for yourself if you would like to be a member. I have found many a great friend in there.

OK, thanks. With all the radio ads it sounded odd to me, like a secret that's not a secret kinda thing and so made me as suspicious as it did curious especially since it seemed to be located in Mass and you had to apply in Mass but it is world wide, just a lot of confusing information. I thought I had a better shot of connecting with one here since no one I know has ever said they were one and I didn't just want to start walking around asking folks.

OK, thanks. With all the radio ads it sounded odd to me, like a secret that's not a secret kinda thing and so made me as suspicious as it did curious especially since it seemed to be located in Mass and you had to apply in Mass but it is world wide, just a lot of confusing information. I thought I had a better shot of connecting with one here since no one I know has ever said they were one and I didn't just want to start walking around asking folks.

I have made many good friends and excellent business contacts within the brotherhood. They are also a great support system when you need it. As you know I have had a very hard time with deaths in my family the past 6 months. The support and help offered by the brotherhood has been unsurpassed.

The Freemasons are not a secret society, more like a society with some secrets.

Edited by flight96

I have made many good friends and excellent business contacts within the brotherhood. They are also a great support system when you need it. As you know I have had a very hard time with deaths in my family the past 6 months. The support and help offered by the brotherhood has been unsurpassed.

Edited by flight96

Edited by flight96

my grand dad was a mason and i used to mow the lawn at his lodge for them. i still have some of his mason lapel pins and stuff too.

And you are??????

Welcome to 69stang.com btw!:tongue_smilie: