Boogerschnot

AOD swap and throttle cable??

I just did the aod swap last week. I presume by "use the old one" you must have gotten it with the aod from another car. I dont have experience with using an old one so i dont know how it attaches to the carb. I too have the 670 street avenger. If you decide to use a Lokar tv cable i can tell you what you need. What year, and model of vehicle did you get your aod from? Is the shift lever pointed up or down? If pointed down, you will need to point it up for a floor shifter. Do you already have it installed?

I used a trans from a 89 F 150, 2wd. it was only 1/2 inch longer than my C4. I used parts from P.A.T.C on the net. I bought the shift lever kit, the Lokar tv cable, and the holley linkage adaptor (gives the correct motion of travel for the tv cable). These were all simple to install. I can tell you how i set my tv pressure and some silly things i encountered along the way if you like but you may be past all that already. Let me know if i can help further. Mike

I just did the aod swap last week. I presume by "use the old one" you must have gotten it with the aod from another car. I dont have experience with using an old one so i dont know how it attaches to the carb. I too have the 670 street avenger. If you decide to use a Lokar tv cable i can tell you what you need. What year, and model of vehicle did you get your aod from? Is the shift lever pointed up or down? If pointed down, you will need to point it up for a floor shifter. Do you already have it installed?

I used a trans from a 89 F 150, 2wd. it was only 1/2 inch longer than my C4. I used parts from P.A.T.C on the net. I bought the shift lever kit, the Lokar tv cable, and the holley linkage adaptor (gives the correct motion of travel for the tv cable). These were all simple to install. I can tell you how i set my tv pressure and some silly things i encountered along the way if you like but you may be past all that already. Let me know if i can help further. Mike

Mike. thanks for the reply. I havent installed it yet and Im hunting down all of my parts now. Its a 93 Mustang AOD. the shifter nub points down. Im trying to use my stock throttle cable from the 69. I would love a good write up on any snags you ran into and what you used for your swap. It would help a lot. Plus it would be here for any other AOD guys.

Mike. thanks for the reply. I havent installed it yet and Im hunting down all of my parts now. Its a 93 Mustang AOD. the shifter nub points down. Im trying to use my stock throttle cable from the 69. I would love a good write up on any snags you ran into and what you used for your swap. It would help a lot. Plus it would be here for any other AOD guys.