Sign in to follow this  
mustangmaniac2

power window motors

I have power windows from a 70 cougar in my 69 Mustang, they went in very easily. The problem is you need more than just the motor, you need all the mechanical stuff that goes with it. The power window motors themselves on all Fords between about 1965 and 1990 were all the same, so the motor itself will work. The problem, again, is the mechanical fixtures that allow the motor to work with the window and door. The odds are that it will work, but might require some slight modifications.

Good luck,

Danno

I have power windows from a 70 cougar in my 69 Mustang, they went in very easily. The problem is you need more than just the motor, you need all the mechanical stuff that goes with it. The power window motors themselves on all Fords between about 1965 and 1990 were all the same, so the motor itself will work. The problem, again, is the mechanical fixtures that allow the motor to work with the window and door. The odds are that it will work, but might require some slight modifications.

Good luck,

Danno

Good luck,

Danno

I assumed in my previous post that your car does not have power windows presently. If you have power windows presently in your car and are looking for replacement motors, they are easy to come by and any of the years mentioned in almost any Ford will work.

I assumed in my previous post that your car does not have power windows presently. If you have power windows presently in your car and are looking for replacement motors, they are easy to come by and any of the years mentioned in almost any Ford will work.