Sign in to follow this  
Bandit17

Deans 69 Mach 1

Well, here we go, I have been tinkering with this car for my whole life.

I posted this earlier in the introduction thread,

"Another Mach 1 guy.. I have a 69 Mach 1 351 Windsor, 4 speed (originally 3 speed) It is a project car. My Dad bought this car in 1971, drove it until 1973, and parked it, it was fired up in 1989, after sitting outside for 16 years, and it ran GREAT, it was then stored inside and hadn't been started until 1996. I was told if I can fix it, I can have it, (that was when I was 13, I am now 31 and still tinkering) so there begins the project. The interior is perfect, the body is awesome, it needs frame rails, and a floor, front to back, and brakes.

Of course I can't stop with just the little things, so I am replacing every bad part on the car (which isn't really much) It will be staying stock, but not 100%, I want to give it some very minor upgrades, four wheel disc brakes, upgraded suspension etc. I don't really care too much about keeping the value as I will never sell it, it is sentimental, and my baby.

This is the year that I will really go all out on it, wish me luck."

So that's my story, and here are a few scanned pics, I will post more when I get out to the garage with the digital camera.

Dean

03-04-2010085108PM-1.jpg

03-04-2010085216PM.jpg

03-04-2010085322PM.jpg

03-04-2010085448PM.jpg

03-04-2010085617PM.jpg

03-04-2010085801PM.jpg

03-04-2010084938PM.jpg

03-04-2010084744PM.jpg

03-04-2010084605PM.jpg

This is the car in 1973, my Dad was moving one of the race cars to who knows where.

Mach1in1973.jpg

"Another Mach 1 guy.. I have a 69 Mach 1 351 Windsor, 4 speed (originally 3 speed) It is a project car. My Dad bought this car in 1971, drove it until 1973, and parked it, it was fired up in 1989, after sitting outside for 16 years, and it ran GREAT, it was then stored inside and hadn't been started until 1996. I was told if I can fix it, I can have it, (that was when I was 13, I am now 31 and still tinkering) so there begins the project. The interior is perfect, the body is awesome, it needs frame rails, and a floor, front to back, and brakes.

Of course I can't stop with just the little things, so I am replacing every bad part on the car (which isn't really much) It will be staying stock, but not 100%, I want to give it some very minor upgrades, four wheel disc brakes, upgraded suspension etc. I don't really care too much about keeping the value as I will never sell it, it is sentimental, and my baby.

So that's my story, and here are a few scanned pics, I will post more when I get out to the garage with the digital camera.

Dean

03-04-2010085108PM-1.jpg

03-04-2010085216PM.jpg

03-04-2010085322PM.jpg

03-04-2010085448PM.jpg

03-04-2010085617PM.jpg

03-04-2010085801PM.jpg

03-04-2010084938PM.jpg

03-04-2010084744PM.jpg

03-04-2010084605PM.jpg

This is the car in 1973, my Dad was moving one of the race cars to who knows where.

Mach1in1973.jpg

Dean

03-04-2010085108PM-1.jpg

03-04-2010085216PM.jpg

03-04-2010085322PM.jpg

03-04-2010085448PM.jpg

03-04-2010085617PM.jpg

03-04-2010085801PM.jpg

03-04-2010084938PM.jpg

03-04-2010084744PM.jpg

03-04-2010084605PM.jpg

Mach1in1973.jpg

Welcome Dean,

There are a lot of knowledgable members who belong to this site, and who can provide you a great deal of information.

I am new at restoring cars as well, and have been at it for about 5 years. For me it has been a very slow process, mainly because I want to do it right, as well as the cost factor etc. But in my case there is no hurry... so here is the advice I can give you so far;

-take lots of photos, it will help catalogue your build, as well they are great for referencing afterwords.

-tag and label all of your parts. boxes of baggies and a good magic marker are essential.

-do not take short cuts. If you decide to pass on something now, it may bite you in the butt once the project is complete, and odds are it would be cheaper to do it now than to to it later.

-patience, enjoy the adventure of the build and your travels along the way, as there are many of us on the same path.

Good travels.

Bill from Ottawa, Canada..

Welcome Dean,

There are a lot of knowledgable members who belong to this site, and who can provide you a great deal of information.

I am new at restoring cars as well, and have been at it for about 5 years. For me it has been a very slow process, mainly because I want to do it right, as well as the cost factor etc. But in my case there is no hurry... so here is the advice I can give you so far;

-take lots of photos, it will help catalogue your build, as well they are great for referencing afterwords.

-tag and label all of your parts. boxes of baggies and a good magic marker are essential.

-do not take short cuts. If you decide to pass on something now, it may bite you in the butt once the project is complete, and odds are it would be cheaper to do it now than to to it later.

-patience, enjoy the adventure of the build and your travels along the way, as there are many of us on the same path.

Good travels.

Welcome Dean,

Good travels.

Welcome Dean,

Good travels.

I have been around the restoring my whole life, my Dad restored/customized a 55 Ford Fairlane when I was growing up (a good 6 year build) and has always had classic cars, he is currently doing a 52 Pontiac, chopped top, the works. Car shows every weekend, car club meetings every month, I really had a great childhood.

This however is my first restoration on my own, as knowledgeable as I am, I still have a lot to learn, and am glad to be able to ask someone who has already done it (Isn't the internet great).

So thanks for the advice, little by little, it'll get there. I plan on taking NO SHORTCUTS, I was raised to do it right the first time.

Welcome Dean,

Good travels.

I have been around the restoring my whole life, my Dad restored/customized a 55 Ford Fairlane when I was growing up (a good 6 year build) and has always had classic cars, he is currently doing a 52 Pontiac, chopped top, the works. Car shows every weekend, car club meetings every month, I really had a great childhood.

This however is my first restoration on my own, as knowledgeable as I am, I still have a lot to learn, and am glad to be able to ask someone who has already done it (Isn't the internet great).

So thanks for the advice, little by little, it'll get there. I plan on taking NO SHORTCUTS, I was raised to do it right the first time.

Welcome Dean,

Good travels.