Sign in to follow this  
69isfine

splash shields

The earlier ones are much simpler (from a mold standpoint). But mostly they've been making them so much longer, I would venture to guess that the re-tooling has been paid for so they drop the price to move them volume wise and still make plenty of $.

I'll need to eventually get these as well. I haven't gotten to that end of my restoration project yet, nor researched into these. splash shield But I knew that the present set up where you can see the back of the headlamp from inside the wheel well can't be correct.

Regards,

Tony

Without them there would be a strange looking gaping open area behind the front wheels. Providing that they fit properly these actually prevent the build up of debris and dirt. Some crud inevitably gets in there over the years, so if you drive your car lots, in the rain or on unpaved roads then a periodic cleaning is wise. Three screws and they’re out in a jiffy.

T.

i bought new ones and found them slightly thicker than the originals. The area that contacts the inside of the fender is too stiff and might have to be thinned out to be more flexible

On 7/20/2021 at 5:20 AM, Blue70coupe said:

I know this is an old post, but I'm trying to install the splash shields behind and...

Did you find some pics? And are you referring to the rear splash shield when you say splash shields behind?

4 minutes ago, RPM said:

Did you find some pics? And are you referring to the rear splash shield when you say splash shields behind?

I couldn't find any pictures online but Brian Conway posted a picture of what I needed. I wasn't sure how the splash shields in front of the headlights were to be installed. But thanks to his picture, I have a rough idea of how it should be installed. 

3 hours ago, Blue70coupe said:

I couldn't find any pictures online but Brian Conway posted a picture of what I needed. I wasn't sure how the splash shields in front of the headlights were to be installed. But thanks to his picture, I have a rough idea of how it should be installed. 

Just FYI, as far as I remember front splash shield for 70 is not same as one for 69 but similar, Brian's photo should help you install a 70 shield.