Sign in to follow this  
69RavenConv

Backup light switches

3-speed and 4-speed backup light switches are now being reproduced. I know somebody might be interested.

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/69-72-BACK-UP-LIGHT-SWITCH-3-SPEED-BEFORE-51572-P75731.aspx

I searched forever for a good used one, finally repaired the one I had (it was scorched by the exhaust at one time)

I genuinely think that is very interesting Raven, nice find. I repaired mine too, it wasn't even functional when I bought the car, I later found it all wrapped up and tucked behind the master cylinder, looked to have been burnt by the exhaust as well and needed a little solder at the switch. For $50 bucks I"ll probably run with it for as long as it lasts but good to know there is an option now. I expected to eventually see one for the 4 but never the 3.

I genuinely think that is very interesting Raven, nice find. I repaired mine too, it wasn't even functional when I bought the car, I later found it all wrapped up and tucked behind the master cylinder, looked to have been burnt by the exhaust as well and needed a little solder at the switch. For $50 bucks I"ll probably run with it for as long as it lasts but good to know there is an option now. I expected to eventually see one for the 4 but never the 3.

WTF is up with this spam bot?!?!?!? I've had to ban at least half a dozen user names this week. I don't know how it's is getting in and makes itself look like it's been around for years. Arrrrrggggghhhhh!:2guns:

WTF is up with this spam bot?!?!?!? I've had to ban at least half a dozen user names this week. I don't know how it's is getting in and makes itself look like it's been around for years. Arrrrrggggghhhhh!:2guns:

Can this be modified to work with a Hurst Comp Plus shifter? I'm assuming it cannot and am curious to know what others have done. My understanding is that the one Hurst can provide is flimsy and does not hold up.

Thanks in advance.

I just bought the Hurst #2480003 back-up switch which is for new Super Comp shifters. If the originals are the same as the new ones then this should work. Its about $25.

I just bought the Hurst #2480003 back-up switch which is for new Super Comp shifters. If the originals are the same as the new ones then this should work. Its about $25.