Sign in to follow this  
Trav_450R

1966 F100 chop

alright ive got a challenging one (so i think) and I've never had any of these done before. Ive got my 1966 Ford F100 longbed and im making it into a shortbed in the summer. Ive got some slick ideas that i havent seen on another truck like this yet but ill start with just something that will get the look im going for.

Theres my truck

OldBlue9-24-07020-1.jpg

heres the shortbed pic ill need chopped onto mine up there ^^ and colors too only blue ontop and white on bottom

short66.jpg

and this one is for the roll pan on the front to replace the bumper, and turn signals above the headlights

purple66.jpg

and to top it off, Billet Specialties Streetlite wheels 15"s 5wide in the front and 10 in the back! one thing i wanted to try was putting the '69 Boss 429 hood scoop on

Streetlites.jpg

idk how much can all be done, remember im a newbie to this stuff lol

Well by your sig banner it looks like you finally read up on all those "Cars" links I I'M'd you a while back.

Maybe I'm just not seeing enough of the differences but it feels like you are going about this the hard way.

I understand the first pic is yours and that's why you want to work from it but 1) it is easier to just shorten the bed in your pic than to take the bed from the smaller 2nd pic and graft it onto your pic. You'll still have to camoflouge any of your remaining bed out anyway so this way would be alot less work. 2) Doesn't the 3rd pic that you want the roll pan and turn signal delete have a shortened bed already? It sounds like this is just about the end result you want already so not sure why you wouldn't just work from this pic to begin with, change the colors to blue and white and then add the rims? It just seems like a lot less work for almost the same end result except that you aren't working off the pic of your actual car. Even adding the badges and side exhaust and extra trim from your car onto this 3rd one would be easier than what you are suggesting. It can be done either way for sure but two very different scale projects.

Here's just a quick example of my first point, I took about a scaled foot out of the whole picture from top to bottom from the front of your bed. I followed the nearest tree line and just ran straight down for the driveway. It literally took 2 minutes and by doing it this way it almost comes out perfect in one shot. I didn't spend any time cloning or blending the backgrounds or shadows, just focused on keeping the body lines straight. Normally I would do all the little stuff to make it look perfectly real but this just gives you the idea of what I was talking about in taking the easier routes.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6166&d=1266863298

OldBlue9-24-07020-1.jpg

Since I know you are just learning how to use photshop I thought I would throw up what the layer I worked with looks like raw so you can get a clearer idea of what I am talking about and get a quick lesson from it. You can see how poorly I lasso'd around the outlines of the trees and what not and even the bed and it didn't really matter or require touch up to look pretty good. The background and the rocky foregorund both naturally just mixed good enough and this way even the reflection in your paint looks undisturbed. If you tried to use the bed from pic 2 instead you can see how even though the angle matches the camera is slightly lower and the time of day and reflections are way off, it would have never looked this natural that way no matter how much time you spent tweaking it. If I made the bed too long or to short you could take this layer and add it to your original and play around with it until you get it just right.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6167&stc=1&d=1266866558

I managed to fool around with the 3rd pic a little at work without getting caught as to my second point of starting with this pic as the base. I changed the colors to be more like the truck in the second pic with blue on top, added the wheels and fattened the rear tire up a bit then thru on a few of your badges. I think this is pretty much the end result you were looking for. The only thing I removed because it didn't look right was your side exhaust, it had too much shadow and looked like a black smudge when I tried to add it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6169&stc=1&d=1266871486

purple66.jpg

Wow Looks nice Pakrat.

I guess i will have to throw my car up there in all its unfinished glory and let you work your magic on it LOL...I have never youghed photoshop LOL I may take a look at it.

Mike

It's a fun tool, Correl makes a pretty good program too. One of those things that you can spend just a few days learning to use and a lifetime to master, things like this are kiddy stuff compared to what can be done.

If I had known Trev was going to hit and run though I wouldn't have rushed to get something up so quick, lol. He hasn't been back around since posting this request weeks ago.

Wow Looks nice Pakrat.

I guess i will have to throw my car up there in all its unfinished glory and let you work your magic on it LOL...I have never youghed photoshop LOL I may take a look at it.

Mike

It's a fun tool, Correl makes a pretty good program too. One of those things that you can spend just a few days learning to use and a lifetime to master, things like this are kiddy stuff compared to what can be done.

If I had known Trev was going to hit and run though I wouldn't have rushed to get something up so quick, lol. He hasn't been back around since posting this request weeks ago.

Wow Looks nice Pakrat.

Mike

whoa AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never realized how good my truck looked as a shortbed!, but yea im REALLY new into the photoshop/chop world (im about a noob as it gets lol) but yea the 3rd pic if pretty much what the end result with look like minus the body moldings, front tag, mirrors, V8 hood badge, and the goofy scoop, ill put a 429 Boss scoop on there. But wow thanks man that is a 150% amazing job!

and yea sorry im not on here alot, and i havent been on for a while lol there was no rush at all, i just figured id post and let it bake for a while and see if anyone came up with anything, BUT! i did however download a 30 trial of Adobes CS4 extended and tried soem things out (Cars as you can see in my Sig for one) and this...

sample1.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

Edited by Trav_450R

whoa AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never realized how good my truck looked as a shortbed!, but yea im REALLY new into the photoshop/chop world (im about a noob as it gets lol) but yea the 3rd pic if pretty much what the end result with look like minus the body moldings, front tag, mirrors, V8 hood badge, and the goofy scoop, ill put a 429 Boss scoop on there. But wow thanks man that is a 150% amazing job!

and yea sorry im not on here alot, and i havent been on for a while lol there was no rush at all, i just figured id post and let it bake for a while and see if anyone came up with anything, BUT! i did however download a 30 trial of Adobes CS4 extended and tried soem things out (Cars as you can see in my Sig for one) and this...

sample1.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

Edited by Trav_450R