Sign in to follow this  
Mace

1969 Fastback

I can get it for 18K without the bling wheels. There is one major problem: Someone added "rub rails" on each side of the car. Apparently there are several small screw holes that were drilled into the body to hold the rail on.

Whats a paint job cost in your area? Deduct that amount and give him a firm offer minus the paint job and hand him your phone number!

Wait him out, talk economy and stress its a 20 footer with the small holes! See how bad he needs the money???

Rub rails are for boats, RIGHT??

The appeal of the Craig's list car is that it's still very original (except the horrible rims). That's kinda rare these days - If you're a purist, it's a great candidate for a concourse type resto. You'll have a sharp, well appointed sportsroof. But it's a 302-2V, 2.79 8" rear, automatic.

But for big fun, you can get a car like D.Reese linked for less money; 351C, toploader w/Hurst, 9" rear, disc brakes, lotsa go fast potential.

I can respect both approaches, it comes down to what you're looking for. If you're gonna resto-mod anyway, I'd leave the first one for a purist and find one like the second one to play around with. Just my 2 cents

I've seen this car on Craigs List for at least 3 months. I'm 20 miles from Sultan but have not seen the car in person. I swear the earlier photos had stock wheels, maybe even wire type hubcaps. This must be the same car, it's probably the only mustang in Sultan...maybe the only black car in Sultan.

Pick it up for 15K or less, he has been asking 20K the whole time and nobody is biting.