BuckeyeDemon

69 mach 408w build

all the panels and the body have now received their final application of primer (including undersides). 

so, the topcoat process starts with the gloss black urethane on the rollcage (easiest to mask).  undercarriage is up next.

IMG-20210328-150448108.jpg

IMG-20210328-150302103.jpg

IMG-20210328-150337865.jpg

IMG-20210328-150400198.jpg

8 hours ago, JET 445 said:

I hope you love masking because you are going to be doing a mountain of it to protect each part through all the painting stages. It's fun right? This is my latest one.

looks great.

i hate masking.  I'm also not to worried about overspray in the cabin area (except trunk and dash).  i spent several house masking when prepping to paint the cage, just to prevent having to sand overspray from the other surfaces when it's time to final sand those (and prevent dirt from getting blown out from goofy places like the roof area).  I spent most of the evening tuesday night masking the cage to prevent it from getting any oversprays....

IMG-20210326-203825051.jpg

IMG-20210327-170133786.jpg

IMG-20210330-162225241.jpg

Stellar work, on both cars. As bad ass as the 69 is, that Falcon I'd gonna be a beast. If ya want something done right...

Kudos brother. 

On 8/24/2021 at 6:58 PM, Grabber70Mach said:

Wow when you finish the Falcon you're going to have two awesome looking cars.  You'll have a hard decision on which one you want to take out for a ride.

thank you.  i'm sure the falcon will get driven more in the first year, but the Mustang will always be the special one to me for many reasons.  hoping my dad will be able to come down and drive the falcon with me in the mustang.  I believe the falcon probably means more to him for his reasons....