BuckeyeDemon

69 mach 408w build

installed the blue bulb. everything is a lot darker in reality. it definately doesn't match the cluster.

the repop cluster and ford tooling dash pad installed with zero problems. i thought sure i was going to have problems getting the holes to line up but they all went right in (still waiting on my original clock cluster to return from being metalized).

IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

taking it to the exhaust shop friday. it will probably be there for 1-2 weeks.

trunk is pretty much done.

IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

not much left to do with the backseat area. i'll need to put the fasteners in the forward most inner quarters after the quarter windows and quarter scoops are installed.

IMG_2835.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

Edited by BuckeyeDemon

taking it to the exhaust shop friday. it will probably be there for 1-2 weeks.

trunk is pretty much done.

IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

not much left to do with the backseat area. i'll need to put the fasteners in the forward most inner quarters after the quarter windows and quarter scoops are installed.

IMG_2835.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

Great Job......it looks very clean!

Buckeye... I tried to PM you... but your INBOX is full. I'll post the question here instead.....

I saw one of your posts showing the work you had to do on your oil pan using the RM 1/2" drop mounts.

I'll be installing my new 408w, and TKO-600, in a couple weeks. I'm also using a Shaker, and a Canton 7 qt pan.

Did you find using the 1/2" drop mounts helped with clearance for both the trans, and the Shaker spacing? I assume that is why you opted to modify your oil pan. I have yet to order new engine mounts.

Modern Driveline is machining the case of my TKO-600 for additional clearance in the trans tunnel. So.. I may not need the 1/2" mounts for trans reasons, more than I do for getting the Shaker to fit properly.

Just wondering how you feel about the 1/2" drop mounts.

sorry. i forget that i have to continually delete messages in the mailbox...

the shaker was the primary reason for using the drop mounts. i really had no choice.

i will say with the mounts, the engine won't be going anywhere. they really limit engine movement

it's hard to say whether or not they increased vibration in the car or not (since i don't have a before/after feeling), but with the thickness of the isolator and it's stiffness, it's hard for me to believe it wouldn't dramatically increase the vibration levels.

dropping the engine can also cause problems with a z-bar, mechanical fan, steering, crossmember if you go that route.

i've only read of one other person to have potential steering linkage issues with the drop mounts. i don't really understand why i had problems and others haven't.

Edited by BuckeyeDemon

Second that It looks straight and well done on the body. Greeat art work. I wish it was mine.Or mine looked that great . Your workmanship and details show. Hope they get your pipes right. I know you cannot wait to hear it thump. Smooth.

sorry. i forget that i have to continually delete messages in the mailbox...

the shaker was the primary reason for using the drop mounts. i really had no choice.

i will say with the mounts, the engine won't be going anywhere. they really limit engine movement

it's hard to say whether or not they increased vibration in the car or not (since i don't have a before/after feeling), but with the thickness of the isolator and it's stiffness, it's hard for me to believe it wouldn't dramatically increase the vibration levels.

dropping the engine can also cause problems with a z-bar, mechanical fan, steering, crossmember if you go that route.

i've only read of one other person to have potential steering linkage issues with the drop mounts. i don't really understand why i had problems and others haven't.

Thanks for the input!!

I'm using an electric fan setup, as well as a Hydraulic clutch. So, those two things shouldn't be issues for me. I just hope my steering linkage won't have the same issue your's did, and that the crossmember is trouble free too.

here's a comparison of standard 1142 bulb (i believe unique to 69's?) compared to the 1142-CW45-T led.

i wanted a whiter light so i went with the cool white color. i would image the warm white option would have looked more stock.

specified current for the 1142-CW45-T bulb was 240mA. an 1142 is specified at 1.6A. my volt gauge dropped about 0.4V with the reverse lights on. it barely tickled with the replacements.

According to the MU catalog, the back up bulbs for 69-73 should be 1156, and 1142s are for 65-68, but apparently they are interchangeable.

I just ordered the spring loaded paddle wheel type 1156 bulbs from superbrightleds.com so I hope they appear as bright as the tower style you purchased.

Also, I installed the 360 degree blue dash bulbs:

WLED-xHP9-T: LED T10 Wedge Base Bulb

led-car-bulb-wled-whp9.jpg&w=150forum

• Miniature Wedge Base Bulb(194/168 type)Tower type with 9 High Power SMD LEDs
  • 9~30 VDC, 360 Viewing Angle, 35 lumen
  • Polarized bulb

I left two incandecent bulbs in place, one in each of the outer pods and my dimmer works fairly well, although I can't say for certain that that's the reason why, and I will probably just leave it at the brightest setting anyway. It made a huge difference, and I don't think it's too bright at all at least for my old eyes. I wonder if I had used the yellow lens if it would appear more blue green like the original lighting?? Maybe an experiment for another day.

Edited by 69gmachine
unnecessary text

According to the MU catalog, the back up bulbs for 69-73 should be 1156, and 1142s are for 65-68, but apparently they are interchangeable.

I just ordered the spring loaded paddle wheel type 1156 bulbs from superbrightleds.com so I hope they appear as bright as the tower style you purchased.

my reverse lamps have two contacts. the 1142 bulb uses two contacts.

the 1156 bulb uses a center contact and the metal base as the second contact.

the two bulbs are not interchangeable.

the 69 ford shop manual indicates an 1142 bulb for the mustang backup lamps.

Edited by BuckeyeDemon