BuckeyeDemon

69 mach 408w build

My car seems to have the same lean, like yours everything is new.

thanks. it's good to know someone else has what may be a similar problem (sorry about your luck though...). your car looks good. the 69/70 mustangs look mean from the back.

My Mach had the same lean! I did a funny kind of fix, but it's only a temporary cure in my case. I got one 2" aluminum lowering block from a buddy, sawed it in half to make it a 1" block, and stuck it in on the passenger side. The car now sits level.

I'll be doing a 4 wheel coil over setup in the near future, along with other suspension mods, and will have the adjustability to set it up better.

My Mach had the same lean! I did a funny kind of fix, but it's only a temporary cure in my case. I got one 2" aluminum lowering block from a buddy, sawed it in half to make it a 1" block, and stuck it in on the passenger side. The car now sits level.

I'll be doing a 4 wheel coil over setup in the near future, along with other suspension mods, and will have the adjustability to set it up better.

wow, i hadn't realized this was such a problem. coil over's aren't in my future though :)

i went back outside to check again. i was going to jack up the car in a way to load the passenger side suspension and unload the driver's side, then remeasure to see if it would change things. so i first rechecked everything and discovered much different readings as compared to yesterday (made those quick measurements as the car sat in the pictures below after rolling car backwards).

measured at centerline of wheel from the floor to the bottom edge of the wheel well lip.

RF: 27 1/16"

LF: 27"

RR: 28 15/16"

LR: 28 5/8"

so basically the passenger side rear is only sitting about 1/2" higher which doesn't bother me all that much. all i did was push the car back into the garage yesterday and it sat over night. hmm. am i a fruit loop?

I read somewhere a long time ago that the extra height was by design. Ford did it intentionally. Something about the way the motor torques pushing that corner down when you take off. Causing that corner to bite a little more. I am not sure if I believe it. But it is what I read.

Personally I think it has a lot more to do with the front suspension design than anything. Every time I jack the car up. I have to wait for everything to "Settle In" For a day or so. Has any one noticed how much the front tire moves inward when you jack it up. The tires at ride height are a lot further apart then when the car is jacked up.

It is my opinion that one of the better upgrades for this car would be the Macpherson Strut Design. Since it does a lot better job of controlling body roll. Not that I am saying the the design on the mustang is bad. It definitely is not. It has its pro's and con's like any other. But there is a reason no-one uses this on cars anymore. They still use a modified version of it on trucks since it is stronger. And is easier to incorporate into a frame.

Does it still sit level with someone sitting in the Driver's Seat? Or is the Driver's Side now lower? :001_huh:

a thread here motivated me to figure out how to deal with the antifreeze overflow. i wouldn't install it if NHRA rules didn't require one.

the aftermarket one i purchased just wasn't going to work the way i wanted.

so i put this together with some scrap 4", 1/8" box tube and plate. i'm not sure if i'm going to use the drain setup from the aftermarket part or just install a petcock.

i'll have to get some thick epoxy inside this thing since i made it out of steel.

i still need to figure out the best way to install the inlet and breather.

it mounts to the battery tray and will hopefully be hidden pretty well.

i calculated it to hold about 26 oz. i won't test the fluid part until the metal is sealed.

IMG_2527.jpg

IMG_2529.jpg

IMG_2530.jpg

Nice job,I would like one out of Stain Less please

i would like one too!

i have a 10 lb roll (my welder requires the larger rolls, which can suck) of 308, .030" stainless wire which set me back for around $80. i went to get some tri-mix and they were going to charge $300 for a 3 year rental. I couldn't justify it...

Edited by BuckeyeDemon

If you have drawings I will have one of my tig welders make some up I have a fair bit of 304 10 gauge left over from one of our projects.

that's a very kind offer. i appreciate that. i'll just stick with what i have though. i still kick myself for not getting a nice tig unit when i was upgrading welders.

i will post a quick sketch of the dimensions for anyone wanting some ideas where to start.

Do you have a stick welder capable of running a tig torch?If so I can send you a reg,torch and leads,we upgrade to new equipment regularly and have some decent used sitting around the shop.You can have it for the price of shipping.

Do you have a stick welder capable of running a tig torch?If so I can send you a reg,torch and leads,we upgrade to new equipment regularly and have some decent used sitting around the shop.You can have it for the price of shipping.

thanks again for the offer but no stick welder here....