BuckeyeDemon

69 mach 408w build

8 hours ago, JET 445 said:

I hope you love masking because you are going to be doing a mountain of it to protect each part through all the painting stages. It's fun right? This is my latest one.

looks great.

i hate masking.  I'm also not to worried about overspray in the cabin area (except trunk and dash).  i spent several house masking when prepping to paint the cage, just to prevent having to sand overspray from the other surfaces when it's time to final sand those (and prevent dirt from getting blown out from goofy places like the roof area).  I spent most of the evening tuesday night masking the cage to prevent it from getting any oversprays....

IMG-20210326-203825051.jpg

IMG-20210327-170133786.jpg

IMG-20210330-162225241.jpg

On 8/24/2021 at 6:58 PM, Grabber70Mach said:

Wow when you finish the Falcon you're going to have two awesome looking cars.  You'll have a hard decision on which one you want to take out for a ride.

thank you.  i'm sure the falcon will get driven more in the first year, but the Mustang will always be the special one to me for many reasons.  hoping my dad will be able to come down and drive the falcon with me in the mustang.  I believe the falcon probably means more to him for his reasons....

Buckeye, two awesome builds! On the Mach, page 23 you mention the weather pack firewall connector. Do you know the manufacturer and or part number? None of my searches have turned up that connector as seen on page 22. All I've seen are round and awkward looking. Thanks in advance, this build has a reputation as the bible for 69s ;)

4 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

Buckeye, two awesome builds! On the Mach, page 23 you mention the weather pack firewall connector. Do you know the manufacturer and or part number? None of my searches have turned up that connector as seen on page 22. All I've seen are round and awkward looking. Thanks in advance, this build has a reputation as the bible for 69s ;)

thank you.

see below link to the connector.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aww-500666

Buckeye, did you use the same paint color on the undercarriage for the Falcon as you did on the Mustang? I've looked at both undercarriages on those two projects and it is really hard to tell. Photos don't really capture the true color of things. The undercarriage on my Mach was a gray, wondering if I might get that mix formula from you on your Mach? Thanks!    

2 hours ago, Machspeed said:

Buckeye, did you use the same paint color on the undercarriage for the Falcon as you did on the Mustang? I've looked at both undercarriages on those two projects and it is really hard to tell. Photos don't really capture the true color of things. The undercarriage on my Mach was a gray, wondering if I might get that mix formula from you on your Mach? Thanks!    

i did not use the same paint color.  they do seem pretty close though.  i think i started with an off the shelf color for the mustang.  I know I added metallic to that.  I may have darkened the color (or maybe i changed the tone of the other gray parts).   the gray on the falcon is also off the shelf and not modified though.  it's a solid color used for many cars like jeeps and mopars.  one name for it is destroyer gray.