BuckeyeDemon

69 mach 408w build

Wow!!!   Check out the mufflers and the exhaust running down the floor.  Unreal....great work.    Will it need heat shields...?

it will end up being spaced down from the floor about 1/4".  some locations on the mustang the headers are about 1/8" away from paint parts/surfaces and there is no sign of paint issues....yet.  so given the exhaust temperatures are quite a bit lower after the collector, combined with the stainless (stainless holds heat better than steel), i think it will be fine.

formed and welded the plates for the cage.

formed some metal and welded in for the rear seat support to floor.

formed and welded some sheet for the floor supports.

installed the lower seat support/reinforcements.

modified and refabricated the rear seat frame.

modified a tank for a fuel cell.

SAM_0990.jpg

SAM_0997.jpg

SAM_0994.jpg

SAM_0996.jpg

SAM_1009.jpg

a lot is happening, just nothing really interesting.  primarily finishing up small patches, welds, mounts, brackets, etc.

going to try to fit an x-pipe.  not sure if i can make it work (e.g. needs to clear the driveshaft and loop to the point i can drop the rear end to easily change tires).  whether or not a x makes any difference, i don't know.  in my opinion, i basically copied the Burns Stainless design which is the only one that functionally makes sense to me.

SAM_1082.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh270/buckeyedemon/65%20Falcon/IMG_20161113_191220540.jpg

IMG_20161120_124220448.jpg

IMG_20161113_191220540.jpg

IMG_20161120_123034939.jpg

IMG_20161120_124459445.jpg

IMG_20161120_124528761.jpg

\

IMG_20161120_125924950_HDR.jpg

a lot is happening, just nothing really interesting.  primarily finishing up small patches, welds, mounts, brackets, etc.

going to try to fit an x-pipe.  not sure if i can make it work (e.g. needs to clear the driveshaft and loop to the point i can drop the rear end to easily change tires).  whether or not a x makes any difference, i don't know.  in my opinion, i basically copied the Burns Stainless design which is the only one that functionally makes sense to me.

Just curious what are the holes in the frame for? Exhaust or something else.

Looking excellent. You attention to detail is outstanding and patience amazing.

Just curious what are the holes in the frame for? Exhaust or something else.

Looking excellent. You attention to detail is outstanding and patience amazing.

I see it now. I missed the fuel line running through the other side.

i'm been a little sick, so i was bored and decided to work on making a design for the valve covers.

So, I'm looking for feedback if you have the time.

My plan is to paint the valve covers black, get some vinyl made and then clear (glossy) over the black and vinyl. The block, timing cover, oil pan will be gloss black. The engine bay sheet metal will be low gloss black (eggshell) and the radiator/cover, over flow tanks will be various levels of black gloss between eggshell and full gloss. Basically a lot of different gloss levels of black for contrast (i absolutely hate to see black parts/items the same level of gloss like one paint was used).

It's probably obvious, but the original early sprint valve cover decal was the basis.

What don't you like?
e.g. the orange color on the falcon, the ghosting on some of the text, size of the font, space between certain words, etc.

here was an earlier revision.

IMG_20161227_163131855.jpg

this is my latest thought. i stretched some of the text, made it a little larger and added some text among other things.

valve_over_decal.jpg

stripped both doors.  passenger side repairs are finished and the drivers side has a little more left to do.

panels are just hanging on the car.  making all the gaps really nice will be completed after the cage.

i have the drivers side just a little lower in the front as compared to passenger side.  i think it does actually look a little better that way.

IMG_20170128_131939388_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170128_131954943_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170128_132055138_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170128_131752938.jpg

IMG_20170128_131619472_HDR.jpg