BuckeyeDemon

69 mach 408w build

Dan,

A few of us guys over on the Tech page are trying to figure out the EFI venting and like your choice of the TPV.

I know it may be asking a lot, but is it possible to see any pictures of it mounted in your vehicle.

As always, Thanks for your help!

John

Dan,

A few of us guys over on the Tech page are trying to figure out the EFI venting and like your choice of the TPV.

I know it may be asking a lot, but is it possible to see any pictures of it mounted in your vehicle.

As always, Thanks for your help!

John

sorry, don't have a pic available.

it was this article that gave me the idea of using a valve like that and where to take the end of the tube.

https://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2008/04/InTankFuelPumpPart2/index2.php

Whats the build on the engine?

Gonna make on Street Outlaws?

current thought is a pump gas 445ci (4.155x4.100).  13:1, 77219 victors opened up to about 290cc, 2.15 or possibly 2.18 valve, SR at about 260/270 w/ around 700 lift.  a little bit more than a port matched SV.  950-1000 carb. 2" header.  basically would like to hit 10.0 @ 135 and open to getting into the 9's.   car will get 10 pt 4130 cage with front strut bars.

trying to avoid a power adder.

not really into the street outlaw show.  too much drama.

Nice! That should diffinetly get up and go. 

Yeah, it is a little too dramatic and I couldn't even come close to those builds, but I love street & track racing and it's better than watching Politics for now. When I grew up back East, I lived near a NHRA track and heard the Funny Cars all weekend, so it's nice to see that action again. You know what I mean!

I have a question, on your Mach 1 gas tank where did you place the bung to vent to the outside and what did you use.

I've been searching for a fuel tank that has an in-tank pump with fittings to the outside of the tank.  I'm looking at the Mustangs to Fear Aluminum tank, it's a little pricey, but it has what I'm looking for. 

The only downside is that it doesn't have a provision to vent, their relying on the gas cap.  I was thinking of getting a bung welded on the small raised inside section of the tank, putting an elbow on it, going through the right trunk floor and connecting to one of those Newton Valves to the outside. 

What do you think?

Thanks!

I have a question, on your Mach 1 gas tank where did you place the bung to vent to the outside and what did you use.

as previously mentioned, i'm using the port on the tanks module.  i have the optional rollover valve (it's just a check valve that close with gravity).  below is that module.

http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=84/mode=prod/prd84.htm

my 65 falcon came from the factory with a vent tube.  there was a nipple on the top side of the tank and connects to a tube.  it did not have the vent connected to the top of the filler neck.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Yes, you did give me the info on the Newton Valve, I appreciate that,Thanks!

Since I'm not using the in-tank fuel pump that exits on top of the tank with it's own vent like the Tanks Inc or Aeromotive Phantom pumps.  I've been looking for examples of one that vents elsewhere.  So, I was looking over your build thread trying to find where you are venting on the tank.  I"m assuming your using an external pump since I see the RobbMc sending unit, which only has Supply and Return.

The Mustangs to Fear tank has no vent exit, so I've been told to vent via the filler tube, which I'm not a fan of.  I was hoping to bounce this off you for your opinion and what you thought. What do you think of my solution mentioned in the prior post?

Thank you again!

John

When converting hard line to AN fitting did you use a brass or aluminum compression sleeve?

What hardline/AN fitting did you use?

Thank you!

When converting hard line to AN fitting, I use a Rigid brand 37 degree flaring tool and an aluminum AN tube nut and sleeve. 

There was an isolated case where i did use an aluminum compression due to space, but that wasn't desired.

Thank you for the reply.
In doing some research for 1/2" to an-8 adapters, I read a reply on the Edelbrock Forum. They specify the use of an aluminum fuel line

How much fuel pressure for 639233
01-30-2011, 06:33 AM
Can this adapter be used on a high pressure EFI fuel line?
Answer: As long as you are using the fitting with the aluminum fuel line it was designed for we rate it up to 250psi.

From your experience with Cunifer lines do you feel that adapter is suitable. If not what adapter did you use?

Thanks again for your time and help!

John

Thank you for the reply.

In doing some research for 1/2" to an-8 adapters, I read a reply on the Edelbrock Forum. They specify the use of an aluminum fuel line

How much fuel pressure for 639233

01-30-2011, 06:33 AM

Can this adapter be used on a high pressure EFI fuel line?

Answer: As long as you are using the fitting with the aluminum fuel line it was designed for we rate it up to 250psi.

From your experience with Cunifer lines do you feel that adapter is suitable. If not what adapter did you use?

Thanks again for your time and help!

John

yes