BuckeyeDemon

69 mach 408w build

Valentine's day is coming.  Don't blow it.

:)

I apparently set the bar pretty low this year as she reminded me I did nothing last year.  I could only get better!

anyways...

a lot of media blasting, metal work and R&C crossmember mostly installed.

SAM_0145.jpg

SAM_0147.jpg

SAM_0162.jpg

wheelhouses and frame rails are modified. I had mark Williams build a 9" housing with 3 1/4 4130 (chromo) tubes along with a set of the 35 spline hi-torque drag axles. the end result was adding about 2.5" to each wheelhouse (new housing is 5" narrower than the original housing). the housing/axles should be here in a few days so I can slip on and tack the 4-link brackets.

plenty of room for a 26x10 bias drag tire.

these are 26x11.5 M/T ET Street Radials

SAM_0485.jpg

SAM_0487.jpg

SAM_0409.jpg

for anyone interested, I cut up a repop Autolite Battery.

it lasted maybe three years (I drove the car for a year). it showed signs of getting weak, so I replaced it. I had purchased it from Virginia Classic Mustang.

I was curious to what was actually inside, so it's been sitting for the last year waiting for me to cut it up.

The caps actually do screw in and almost to be held by a little glue. Definitely dry inside.

SAM_0605.jpg

SAM_0606.jpg

SAM_0607.jpg

There has to be different qualities then. When my VR got stuck and let 17v get to my Autolite for about 30', that thing started to boil and I had liquid flow through the caps and spill all over the top of the battery. It was sold to me by NPD (who refund it) and the manufacturer was called Axom Carbon or something. Not impressed at all...

G

There has to be different qualities then. When my VR got stuck and let 17v get to my Autolite for about 30', that thing started to boil and I had liquid flow through the caps and spill all over the top of the battery. It was sold to me by NPD (who refund it) and the manufacturer was called Axom Carbon or something. Not impressed at all...

G

here is the bottom of the one from VCA. It says Axion Power Battery.

SAM_0608.jpg

I picked up my replacement from NPD. I have no idea if the bottom is the same or what's inside my current one. Part of me wants to crack one of the caps and see if it looks the same inside...

Since I discovered this site I've spent all my time on the tech section. Now that I've started on my car I wanted to see what others are doing to their's. So I've spent the last few hours looking at your build and must say the work you've done and the level of detail is incredible. You've built an awesome car!

Since I discovered this site I've spent all my time on the tech section. Now that I've started on my car I wanted to see what others are doing to their's. So I've spent the last few hours looking at your build and must say the work you've done and the level of detail is incredible. You've built an awesome car!

Uh...yep! The work on this thread is the standard to which all others are compared.

Recently saw a post from Rick at NPD stating those batteries were no longer available and he didn't know if they would be available again. Maybe such problems led to the manufacturer stopping production?

Looking forward to future updates, love these Falcons.

rear end should be back this week from finish welding on the jig at Mark Williams.

third member should be ready in a few weeks so i can measure and order the driveshaft.  that will allow me to plan out the driveshaft loop/loops as well as find all clearance issues in the tunnel.

cylinder heads should be here soon so i can start thinking about mocking up the headers.

SAM_0735.jpg

SAM_0744.jpg

SAM_0745.jpg

SAM_0747.jpg

Hi Buckeye,

I always look towards your build page for ideals, so naturally I have a few questions.

If you can, please answer a few questions about the Mustang.

How are you keeping your spark wires intact bending around the valve covers. I see the Taylor wire clamps. Is there anything attached to the VC studs to keep it looking orderly.

I'm switching to EFI and trying to determine what fuel line material to use.  Are you using the Russell Pro Classic.

If to do it again would you use something different.

How are you venting your system.

Thanks again for your help and support!

Hi Buckeye,

I always look towards your build page for ideals, so naturally I have a few questions.

If you can, please answer a few questions about the Mustang.

How are you keeping your spark wires intact bending around the valve covers. I see the Taylor wire clamps. Is there anything attached to the VC studs to keep it looking orderly.

I'm switching to EFI and trying to determine what fuel line material to use.  Are you using the Russell Pro Classic.

If to do it again would you use something different.

How are you venting your system.

Thanks again for your help and support!

the looms are by a company called Made for You (not Taylor).

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MFY-5075611/

I'm using PTFE hose and fittings sold by Pegasus racing.

I have a vent that routes to a two way valve (has two different pressures to relieve and hold pressure) that's routed up to the frame rail (next to where the axle tube vents in the shock crossmember).

Thanks Buckeye for the fast reply and link for the wire looms.

I've always liked your choice of style on your build, old school looking with a modern twist, not to tacky and too much bling.

In regards to the vent. Is it possible for the relief overflow to get on the exhaust and cause a problem?