BuckeyeDemon

69 mach 408w build

Hey, If I may bother you further, I noted in one of your older posts a comparison between a repop shaker hood trim ring and an actual OEM trim ring. I have a repop from CJ Pony that came with my hood when I ordered it. The hood is great, but the trim ring sucks. Did you look into other repop trim rings prior to repairing your OEM part? I'm wondering if the trim ring goes the same way as the hood lip molding.

i only purchased one repop trim ring (from NPD). i don't know who the source supplier is as there are no other tags on the bag. could be the same that CJ sells, i don't know.

IMG_3533.jpg~original

IMG_3534.jpg~original

IMG_3529-1.jpg~original

I had Gary Tayman convert the internals of the radio for my 69.

http://garytayman.com/index.html

The radio was acting flaky. The volume would go from quiet to loud (wiggle the knob) and the treble/bass would self adjust in and out. I also noticed my volt gauge jumping around (guessing some of the caps were drying up or leaking?). Plus the sound wasn't all that good.

So I sent it out. I was worried the conversion would not fix the knobs, but it's working great after getting it back. All the knobs and functions work as their original function. The sound is better (still limited by the one dual dash speaker).

They did change the harness on the back (did provide a plug with pigtail wires). So I did have to redo the wiring.

I had them add the line output option (will never use them). It also has a line input. I'm not sure if that is a base option or comes with the line output option.

They had the radio in there possession for 3 weeks.

So if you want the look of an original and want something that works, this might be an option.

Looks great! Very cool that you're getting the car for everyone to see it. Your Mach 1 sets a high standard which many people, including me, will attempt to meet.

I really like how all the fasteners look perfect under the hood. Did you use a body fastener kit? I was considering ordering such a kit, but I've heard the quality can be lackluster.

Did you use a body fastener kit? I was considering ordering such a kit, but I've heard the quality can be lackluster.

in general, i did use the fastener kits. not everything is in the kit, so i did make a few individual orders from AMK. i thought the quality was fine. i'm sure a lot of fasteners may not match what every car came with from the factory. i don't know what the alternative is (besides finding all originals and having them replated).

in general, i did use the fastener kits. not everything is in the kit, so i did make a few individual orders from AMK. i thought the quality was fine. i'm sure a lot of fasteners may not match what every car came with from the factory. i don't know what the alternative is (besides finding all originals and having them replated).

Good to know. That's very helpful. Thank you. I'll go ahead and pick up an AMK body fastener kit. Although, I have yet to find a description of what's actually in it. My car is a 70 Mach 1.

i only purchased one repop trim ring (from NPD). i don't know who the source supplier is as there are no other tags on the bag. could be the same that CJ sells, i don't know.
Hey, looks like I am the proud new owner of that repop ring! :whistling:

I'll let you know how it fits soon!

-Mike

Hey, looks like I am the proud new owner of that repop ring! :whistling:

I'll let you know how it fits soon!

-Mike

Hopefully it fits well for you. I feel like i may have set it in my hood at one time and it did align. But that was a long time ago.

I did point out all of the differences in this part with the original when you were here. So that should not be any surprise for you.

Hopefully it fits well for you. I feel like i may have set it in my hood at one time and it did align. But that was a long time ago.

I did point out all of the differences in this part with the original when you were here. So that should not be any surprise for you.

Yeah, you did. I am really not worried about it. No matter what I would have wanted to try this one before spending a lot more on an original.

Your car looks great, btw! It's been interesting to read through this thread and see all the progress pictures.

-Mike

Saw Buckeye's car at the Sharonville show on Sunday - its just truely amazing! You sure dont want to get too close to it it's that nice - made me cringe when others were leaning under the hood, etc! Whats crazy (we were talking about this too) is how many mods were done, but they are so tastefully hidden from the occasional viewers eyes that they dont even notice. Way cool car!!

Wow! That is impressive. I just read all of this thread and am amazed with your talent and standards.

I'm in the market for a project car like this and will refer to this thread while I build it. You set the bar very high. Thanks for taking the time to post progress pix.

thanks joe. i was looking for you later in the day but never saw you. i saw your seats in person and it looks so much more spacious as compared to last year. has to be much more comfortable, given your height.

it was such a nice day. probably won't get another one like that for another 10 years! i did manage to get shutout again. very strange.

923b8476-9313-4f12-b796-4fa89509e9b6.jpg~original

Yea I was shocked too. I voted for you as number 1. I assumed it was a given. Dont let it get you down. Probably a few peeps there with a lot of friends. Or they are just jealous! A

Yup, friends stuffing the box. Seems to happen more often than not at shows like that. I prefer cruise ins. I enjoy meeting people and checking out their cars without the additional baloney of some bogus judging process. The best part? You get to leave whenever you want.

Edited by chillininnh

Yea, I gave up on car shows after the first one I ever entered. It was a three day rod-run that ended with a car show on the last day. Well it rained the whole day of the car show and when it came time for the results, the announcer said that some of the winners weren't present. Really? I spent the whole day in the rain and the winners where people with cars that couldn't let them get wet? From that show on, I have always just laid back and talked with people and left before awards are handed out.

Jim

Was this a mustang or all car show in Sharonville? If it was last Sunday, I wouldn't have been able to make it since my wife had a baby the day before. :)

Where do you guys find out about car shows in this area? When's the next one?

Was this a mustang or all car show in Sharonville? If it was last Sunday, I wouldn't have been able to make it since my wife had a baby the day before. :)

Where do you guys find out about car shows in this area? When's the next one?

all make car show in sharonville on sunday. grouped by class.

where are you located?

all make car show in sharonville on sunday. grouped by class.

where are you located?

I'm on the west side of Cincinnati, just over the Indiana border.

I'm just not sure how to find out about some of the local car shows. Is there a place where they typically get advertised?

-Mike

I'm on the west side of Cincinnati, just over the Indiana border.

I'm just not sure how to find out about some of the local car shows. Is there a place where they typically get advertised?

-Mike

i would recommend just searching online for your state and car show. there is a small show at Glenview Golf Course and also at forest fair village this saturday.