Sign in to follow this  
Boogerschnot

AOD questions with the FMX

You need to use the aod yoke. These are really a dime a dozen at the yards.

I took the yoke and shaft to a shop in San Diego to be balanced and they put a Spicer conversion universal on it that adapts the aod yoke to the mustang shaft. I’m sure this is available at any auto parts store. I also had the shaft balanced there too.

This is where I took it. You could call and ask which u-joint to use. Great place btw

Drive Line Services of San Diego1090 Morena Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92110-3911(619) 275-0150‎

If i had known the joint i needed ....yep i could have easily do it myself....

I'dm take both the yoke and the shaft to these guys and they will get you exactly what you need. I called them and asked just to be sure too.....thay carry spicer joints.......hope this helps....oh I think I used a mustang yoke...89-91 ish......I think it was a "short" aod yoke

Power Train Industries-Hawaii

94-075 Leokane Street

Waipahu, HI 96797-2231

(808) 671-5441

I'dm take both the yoke and the shaft to these guys and they will get you exactly what you need. I called them and asked just to be sure too.....thay carry spicer joints.......hope this helps....oh I think I used a mustang yoke...89-91 ish......I think it was a "short" aod yoke

94-075 Leokane Street

Waipahu, HI 96797-2231

(808) 671-5441

94-075 Leokane Street

Waipahu, HI 96797-2231

(808) 671-5441

Seriously, you called Hawaii to find out for me? Wow, thanks man. I appreciate it.

94-075 Leokane Street

Waipahu, HI 96797-2231

(808) 671-5441

Seriously, you called Hawaii to find out for me? Wow, thanks man. I appreciate it.

Yeah....that?s right FC2 maybe FC1. Well shippy.....it's the absolute least I can do for someone serving this country!!!! If I could do the swap for you I would!

Thank you. I did pick up E-6 in December so FC1, you have already pretty much built this thing for me man. I probably would have skipped on the tranny if I had not have found your thread about the install. All of the help I have gotten so far is soooo greatly appreciated!

Yeah....that?s right FC2 maybe FC1. Well shippy.....it's the absolute least I can do for someone serving this country!!!! If I could do the swap for you I would!

Thank you. I did pick up E-6 in December so FC1, you have already pretty much built this thing for me man. I probably would have skipped on the tranny if I had not have found your thread about the install. All of the help I have gotten so far is soooo greatly appreciated!