Sign in to follow this  
helrazr70

'69 Mustang fastback 1/4 skins--almost full 1/4s (used NOS parts)

Email for pics.

Why use repro Chinese metal to patch your rear 1/4s? Why use an ill fitting foreign part when you can have FACTORY FORD sheetmetal?

Repro skins cost about $119ea plus shipping.

I will sell these used NOS panels for $200/pr. (Yes, I know--all parts on cars are used NOS! These were installed AFTER the factory and purchased as NOS at the time)

The panels are in Nashville, TN.

My car had been wrecked in the 80s and both rear 1/4s had been replaced with NOS rear 1/4s. (They actually cut down NOS full quarters to make skins)

In 1991 the previous owner had a vinyl top installed to hide poor bodywork on 2 dents in the roof. (He was a car dealer and vinyl was cheaper than bodywork)

After the vinyl roof and a paintjob in 1991 the car was parked under a tree and forgotten about. Fast-forward to May of 2009...I bought the car and found that the roof and upper rear 1/4s had completely rusted out due to the vinyl roof.

The rear 1/4 skins are in great shape. They have no rust through. With a little work they would make a great addition to a fastback/Mach 1. I would rather use these than repro if I had the choice.

These are cut just below the roof ornament and include the horizontal section from the taillight to the door jamb. They go from below the roof ornament to the rocker.

The driver side has no dents and appears to have a little bondo behind the rear wheel only to cover a small dent. (The NOS part number shows on the inside) ON the outside there are no dents showing. There are a few bubbles popping up through the paintt the lower edge behind the rear wheel.

The passenger side has a small of bondo at the lower section behind the rear wheel to cover a small dent--no rust at all. (The NOS part number shows on the inside) A lower rear 1/4 patch would make it perfect.

I would reuse them myself, but I need upper rear 1/4s (sail panel area) and full 1/4s are the only way I can get that area.

Come get them soon! ...or I can ship them soon. I am moing to PA February 1st!

Email for pictures. My pics are too big to post.