Handegard

My CJ Pony Parts experience

Great so far.

I ordered a lower control arm from them around Christmas. I was out of town when it came, and installed it last week when I had the time.

Anyway, when I was all done, I went to fill it with grease, and it never made it into the boot, coming out underneath the arm instead from some unseen gap.

CJ Pony parts offered to send me a new balljoint for free, but I declined, I'm sending then the defective LCA and they will send me another LCA. (if I have to take the LCA out anyway, I'd rather just swap it)

They even offered to pay for return shipping! WOW!

They were very helpful, I thought the offer to just send a balljoint for free was very kind, and the return shipping reimbursement was a surprise like a slap in the face.

Overall, I plan to buy from them again. I need 2 upper control arms now, and a sway bar bushing, and... etc, etc, etc ;)

I've got several sheetmetal pieces and a gas tank kit from them. All of the pieces I've installed have been fine. I haven't done the fuel tank, door skin or rocker yet, but the pieces look fine. Have had no customer service issues with them whatsoever and plan to continue doing business with them.

I've had good experiences with them as well, however you must have gotten a different LCA than me. The LCA's I got had sealed balljoints, no grease fitting came with it and there's no holes to put one into anyway. the UCA's came with them but just not the LCA's, I thought that was weird but it works just fine...

Hi all,

My experience so far has been great with these guys up untill now I have just had another largish order delivered with some damaged parts in them due to a lack of packing and quality control.1 of the items was damaged before packing as a piece had been broken off and was not in the box it arrived in therefore had to be broken before packing.

I have not had any problems before with any of my parts being damaged as they are normally all packed very well and I am sure this is a one off.

I will keep you all up to date with how CJs handle my damaged order.

Cheers Rodney

I love the free shipping at CJ's, and for the most part have had good experience with them. However, I ordered a carburator rebuild kit from them for a 428 Cobra Jet carb, and was dissappointed to see a NAPA kit was in the box. Since the carb on these cars is a Holley, I was expecting a Holley kit. I haven't used it yet, but folks on some other forums don't like the NAPA kit.

Sean from CJ's has been in contact with me and has been very helpfull so far.

They have agreed to replace the damaged items which is great considering I am on the otherside of the world.

I have found some fitment issues with the windscreen pillar trims hopefully it is just requiring relocating from the original fixing points ( I will get back to you on this after I pull the dash again and try to refit).

The kickpanel spaekers that I had paid extra on top of the advertised price because they did not have the normal ones they use in stock do not fit the kickpanels.

Hopefully they can supply me with the correct fitting ones and I don't mind paying for these and I will use the other speakers elsewhere but I just don't know where.

Cheers Rodney

I refitted and removed some of the material from the rear of the pillar trims to fit yesterday and they fit to the dash quite nicely now but they still have a slight bow in them but I am very picky and I dont think anybody else would ever pick it unless they were looking for it.

I think i may just put a couple of drops of superglue on it and pullit up against the pinchweld so then it won't play on my subconscious.

Still waiting on Sean to reply to me about the speakers though it has been 3 days now and his first reply was in 24 hours hopefully he is trying to source speakers that fit for me.

Cheers Rodney

I have just placed an order with them and due to arrive soon.I dealt with Eric and he was very helpfull and knowledgable,quick reply's to queries which helps build confidence.Wait and see when it arrives before i say anything else though.Keep ya posted.

I have just placed an order with them and due to arrive soon.I dealt with Eric and he was very helpfull and knowledgable,quick reply's to queries which helps build confidence.Wait and see when it arrives before i say anything else though.Keep ya posted.

Took 7 days to get to Oz and it was at my door,all parts there and as described.I would use them again.

Generally I have had no difficulties with them but all BE WARNED I have discovered that the 69 kickpanels with speakers are still being sold yet they do not have speakers available that will fit them.

I paid extra for "Rockford Fosgate" speakers as the normal ones that they use are no longer available to only find out when they arrive the speakers are not fitted and they will not fit on to the kickpanels.

Cheers Rodney

OK, I remembered this thread, so I did a search before posting this. I bought a few things from them, some were backordered, then received, satisified with quality, one was a Scott Drake part. So my wife signed up for the newsletter and received a 5% coupon via email.

Last night while comparitive shopping (looking for a bunch of things and whoever had all of them, the right quality and right price was getting the order.) Anyway, had it all in their cart and she entered the coupon code. It jacked all of the regular prices up like 10% then took the 5% off! It ended up $6 higher than before and there was no way to take the code out!

Anyway, we went elsewhere and placed the order. That's BS.

After my 2 last orders with them I will no longer be purchasing or recommending them.

The earliest order I had numerous items including a brake booster and numerous light bulbs, the box turned up and was as soft as tissue paper there was no suitable bubble wrap or airbags inside to stop damage to the contents the bulbs were just in a zip lock bag and the brake booster was floating around surprisingly nothing was actually damaged.

My latest order I had ordered and paid on line and then had the usual parts on backorder waited over 3 weeks and then received an email that they were charging me an extra $208-00 as their online freight calculator had miscalculated and this is all after they had my money all of this time. I had been a loyal and longstanding customer and have spent over $35,000-00 over the last 7 odd years and had always recommended them but never again all over them being greedy about $208-00 which they would have probably made there money back on my next order (All my orders where possible are around $1000-00 to keep under the tax free threshold and to minimize on shipping costs)

Cheers Rodney

I too have bought plenty of parts from them over the last 3 years and no real complaints other than the shipping delays. Since they started posting part availability on the site, things are a bit more predictable. If it says in stock, it usually ships the next business day. If it says ships in 5 to 7 days it could be up to a month or longer but in most cases, count on at least two weeks. Beyond that the moderately low pricing, specials, and free shipping make them my first stop when I need parts.

Would never order anything large from CJponyparts again horrible customer service, never able to get anything sorted out. Could have easily just put a claim in with paypal to force issue but did not. I gave them a chance and will be going back to Kentucky Mustang prices are about the same, fast shipping and if you call them up will match the fake good deal CJpony shows with shipping. Rather pay 9.95 for shipping and get part within a few days then have crap always backordered.

I have been buying from CJ'S almost all the time. I am doing the sheet metal work now & it saves me alot on shipping with their free shipping. I almost always call or checdk the web site to see if it is in stock if I need it fast, if not it does'nt matter. Very happy with them.

Mike.

I tend to think you really find out how good a vendor is when you have an issue.

So far I have had 3 issues with two vendors.

NPD: Purchased deluxe door handles, and found they had some imperfections in the chrome.

Replacement set sent at no cost without hesitation. Great Service.

CJ's: Purchased Dynacorn fold down seat trim after feedback from others. Found an issue with the fit and CJ's didnt want to know. Contacted Dynacorn who sent my email to Matt at Cj's who sent a replacement set. Good outcome in the end but needed to perservere.

CJ's: ordered a pair of interior lamps for the rear of my 70 Sportsroof. The two lamps were very different to each other when they arrived. Emailed Cj's who said because I was overseas replacement items were not feasible. Eventaully they agreed to replace with a matched set. Again I needed to push to get what i should have recieved in the first place.

I needed some brackets and parts for a Baer brake kit, I contacted CJP since they stocked Baer and was told.

"I do not carry nor can I get all of the parts necessary even if they are produced this would not be worth the effort"

They sell the complete kit I wanted, yet couldn't supply parts out of the kit by contacting Baer, so with an attitude like that I'd rather give my money to a company with better customer service, so won't be buying anything from CJP.