Sign in to follow this  
7TCatvert

1969 Mustang Convertible triple black

What kind of side scoops are those? They look awesome. any modifications required?

They are 69' Shelby convertible scoops, a bunch of us vert and coupe owners have changed over to them (Shelby trunk lid too for that matter). Modifications required depend on how you want to mount them. The 3-4 bolts that come on most to attach do not line up with the 6 holes left behind from the original scoop so at the very least you need to either drill new holes in your quarter (easy route) or cut the bolts off and reinstall your own that line up with the stock holes (harder but preffered).[/

Ok great. I already purchased those same scoops, thanks for the help! And I did notice many convertible owners go with the Shelby trunk lids like you mentioned. I have a stock 69 convertible, if I bought a shelby trunk lid would i also need to get the shelby Rear Quarter panel extensions? Will the Lid and the extensions fit or will i have to do some modifying...

Thanks again for your help!

Any kit you go with for the trunk will require rear quarter extensions as well and all fiberglass kits for any part of the car will require some modifying of some kind unless you can live with unven lines and gaps.

If you go with the actual Shelby parts then the tail light panel is also different, it's a straight part that goes right over the original curved panel but the original does have to be cut to fit the Shelby tailights in which is also required.

Maier racing makes a kit that has a similar look to the Shelby duck tail and is designed to work with the stock tail panel and lights.

I wanted the true Shelby look but I did not want to change my tail panel or lights so I chose to do heavy modifications to the parts in order to make them work together for a custom look.