Sign in to follow this  
foothilltom

Holley 600 throttle cable bracket

Hey guys, just upgraded the boy's 302/2V to a new Edelbrock 4V intake. A friend helped me rebuild a Holley 600 carb and it's working pretty dang good.

My question is with respect to the throttle cable bracket (with the square cutout to hold the cable). The carb didn't have one and I'm wondering how/where to get one. I basically did some surgery on the existing bracket for the 2 barrel carb just to get by, but it doesn't really line up very well with the throttle on this new holley and is too far away from the throttle which results in the cable being kind of bunched up (if anybody is following me).

In short:

* Where does one get a throttle bracket after the fact?

* Should there be some spec as to how the bracket should fit?

* Is it normal to have to adjust the throttle cable/bracket after switching carbs?

Thanks as always!

Tom

Hello Tom,

I got my cable bracket at AutoZone. (like Advance Auto)

The bracket I got has plenty of adjustment.

The third part of your question deals with throttle cables and carb switches.

On our Fords, it is often necessary to change the bracket to allow smooth

operation of the linkage. Has to do with how the carb main shaft and linkage fits.

Try this part, it will do the trick. I am pretty certain Summit Racing has a better price, but for a quick pick up go to a local shop and show them the picture.

Here is a link to the part

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/accessories/accessoriesShelf.jsp?itemId=1018-10&parentId=8-10&displayName=Throttle+Bracket+and+Adapter&currentPage=1&navValue=101018&categoryDisplayName=&_requestid=1642149

This is what is looks like.

The bracket is very adjustable and you can rotate part A so it faces toward the carb.

It will work for sure. Print Dad

Muchas gracias, Jim! I know we have Autozone around here somewhere...though it's probably a 40 minute drive! Living in the country has its disadvantages. This is going to be great as I had to remove his tranny kickdown rod during this whole replacement and now this has a place to put that as well!

Thanks again!

Tom

Hello Tom,

Glad to help. See you knew that the other block was for a

kickdown. I forgot to mention that. I like this unit as it is very adaptable.

I think I paid a few dollars less but I mainly wanted to show you a great little part.

You have come a long long way my friend.

Keep wrenching and learning .... Jim

Thanks, gentlemen...as always, sage and useful advice. I went ahead and bought the adjustable/universal bracket from AutoZone (took the wife bowling to justify the long ride to the store in a neighboring city) and it works great. Full throttle now and smooth cable operation after the carb switch.

Tom