Sign in to follow this  
6970mustang

Headliner bows

I am rebuilding a 69 mustang coupe. I didn't label the headliner bows when I removed them from the car. Ther is one short bow, 2 medium length bows, and one longer bow. There are also 2 holes in the body for each bow. Can someone tell me which bows go in which positions, and in each position which hole do you use?

There may be some faint paint on the long rod that looks like it might be grey, the two medium rods are red, and the short rod has nothing. The long and medium rods are flat on top and the short rod is round. I have the springs and looked at the rods to see if I could tell which rod they were on and I can not.

LFugate are you working on a coupe and are your bows shaped and painted similar to mine?

Yes I am. I have 2 red, 1 white and 1 with no color. I was standing there when the guy removed them from the donor car. He started marking them with a paint pen after he removed 2 of them, but I think he got them backwards. Just not sure though that's why I need to know too.

I believe the largest ones are for the rear, shortest in the front. Just go from large to small, from rear to front.

Test fit all the rods yourself without the headliner in, you should be able to determine it from that

Not sure what holes either. I went out and test fitted mine again. If I went shortest in the front to longest in the back it would be natural/red/red/white, but it seems to fit a lot better natural/red/white/red. I was hoping someone on here had the answer. I guess I will have to try another Mustang forum.