Sign in to follow this  
Handegard

AOD Swap- Ready to pull the trigger

My searches led me to

http://www.transmissioncenter.org/classic_mustang_to_aod_conversion.htm

And I'm leaning toward the tubular bracket #94XM, anyone know why the (seemingly less-sturdy) #94X costs ~$50 more?

Any other suggestions? For now, I'm mostly interested in just the crossmember. I'll be buying the linkage and speedo-parts later.

I'm almost positive I have a homemade AOD bracket laying around somewhere. Shipping costs plus a little coin for a beer or two and it's yours. I'm not positive though, so I'll have to check when I get to my parent's house on friday.

Hmm... That might suffice, temporarily if nothing else.... I was nervous about making my own because I didn't want my transmission to sit to high or two low, and tip the engine forward or back...

Let me know for sure. I might pull the trigger sooner and buy one, but I'll try to hold off...

I found some other brackets on eBay from NE Performance Mustang that are less than $100... but they look a little cheaper... Anyone buy from NE Performance Mustang before?

Yeah, I know for a fact I have the skill to make one, but for some reason I just don't want too.. dunno why...

But my grandfather gave me the money to order the part, so I might as well.. Once the part is sitting here on the desk, it will motivate me to get out and get it installed, as opposed to being forced to motivate myself to drag the car down to the shop and try to fab one....

I'll wait a few days to se if I can get a homemade one off simplyj or someone else, then I'll order...

Thanks though...