Sign in to follow this  
69gmachine

Pony Express 2010

I've never organized a driving event before, but life is short so I'm going to take a stab at it. It will be very informal.

The Restomods in Reno show is June 11 to 13 next year. The Mid America Shelby meet is June 16 to 20th. I want to attend both, so I'm heading out from Reno Monday morning the 14th, and with 3 days of driving will arrive in Oklahoma for the Mid America meet on the evening of the 16th around 5:30 to 6:00PM. Planning to leave at 0800 sharp and driving for approximately 530 miles on I-80, the first stop will be Silver Creek Junction, UT. The next day will again leave at 8:00AM and will stop in Limon, CO after about 588 miles. Leaving Limon a little earlier at 0730 on Wednesday morning, it's another 600 miles to Tulsa, which would put us in around 5:30PM allowing a one hour stop to stretch and eat lunch.

Anyone willing to join me?

Edited by 69gmachine
spelling

I have my first sponsor, Mustangs Plus, which means I'll be getting more advertisement and a few door prizes. I'm working on getting both Ford Performance Parts and Shelby Performance Parts as sponsors also.

I'm hoping my local Mustang Club will allow me to use their website to host the registration and information page. I already have a volunteer to manage the web pages. Since he's donating his time we're going to keep it very simple, nothing fancy.

If there is enough interest I'll make some rally type questions to answer while driving. You must have a partner to participate in the question rally for safety reasons.