69R-CODE

My First Restoration

Here is a quick video after we broke the engine in, I let my old man get in the car and play.

I recorded it on my iphone. It does not do it justice. I think it sounds great. Bad part is now I have to figure out if my oil leak is a rear main seal, oil galley plugs, or pan gasket. Either way, i am afraid the Cobrajet is coming back out. Oh well. I have this video to listen to when I get mad. Enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeZLdJf3AcI&feature=youtu.be

Thanks Ash and 70.

Update to all:

We are going to pull the trans and pressure plate Saturday. Look and see where its leaking from. I have been reading a lot of posts and discussions on the FE Forum and CJ Registry. It might be the rear main seal. It may be the cam plug or oil galley plugs. I have even been told that if we didnt put thread sealer/locker on the flywheel bolts it could leak from there. Hell it could even be the oil pan gasket.

Bottom line is before we pull it back out of the car I want to see exactly where its coming from. I am hoping that its something simple but my gut tells me I am going to have to start over.

That really sucks to hear. I think you're tackling it the right way though. Hopefully it is something simple. Even though removing the trans is not what you want to do, lets hope that solves it and that's where it ends.

After a few months of down time on my cobrajet project I am back. We pulled the engine out in August and found the rear main seal was put in wronge. Instead of making the same mistake again, I took it to a professional to be installed. Got her put back in the car last weekend and broke the cam in with no leaks!!!!

Here is a video with it at an idle.

Car has been sitting, so forgive the dirt and dust!

We took the hooker super comps off and went back with stock manifolds. The headers were touching both shock towers. Now at least there is some daylight between the two.

I hope to have the driveshaft and shifter in next weekend and move her under her own power. Fingers crossed!

Got her back home this weekend. I got to drive it down the block and back for the first time since 1995. What a feeling!!! Next on the list:

Brakes

Exhaust

Front end alignment / wheels & tires

Then off to paint.

Been a long time but I dropped the car off to have painted this week. The shop is going to call me when its time to paint so I can sign off on the color. I told them to use the original (Gulf stream Aqua) PPG Code 13329. and to use Low Gloss Black 9295 for the Hood, Wing,. I have noticed a lot of variations of Gulf stream Aqua. Does anyone have advice, pics, ect they could share? Or, have I gone with the correct choice?

I am at a point with my car that I can say that it is finished. I know there is no such thing, but it is time for me to post the final results. I want to thank all of you for helping me ( i think I have asked about 1,000 questions on other threads). 

Thanks to all!!! Now its time to enjoy her!!

post-13141-0-77707000-1464968241.jpg

post-13141-0-23479300-1464968269.jpg

post-13141-0-89141000-1464968331.jpg

post-13141-0-57114000-1464968344.jpg