Sign in to follow this  
Sidthing

The 2010 mustang?

I just noticed an advertisement from Ford in a banner on this site, saying the 2010 is the most customizable mustang ever? Really?! I'll take a supercharged DOHC 5.4 in grabber green with black interior, with no other options, keep the hundreds of pounds of sound deadener, expensive stereos, the dozen or so airbags. I just want the motor with a manual tranny in a green shell, and a pair of black buckets.

They should be able to offer that for under 20K right?

Ha! yea that would be great. The new Burger King of automakers.... "Have it your way". IMO too bad that the 2010 are hideous on the rear end. If I was to buy a new car I'd want the whole car to look the way I want it, not just 90% of it.

There's no way they're going to let a 5.4 DOHC (SC) out the door for less than 20K. I'm sure they'll charge you more for leaving the sound proofing out than it costs. Sorry to rain on your parade, but you can't forget their mercenary reasons.

IMO screw modular, I'd wait for the new "5.0" stangs to come out.

x2! 2011 GT: 412hp, all aluminum DOHC 5.0. I won't be able to pick one up when they come out, but as soon as my truck is paid off, I will finally get a 5.0 Mustang! Couldn't afford one when the Foxes came out, and by the time I could I was knee deep in tots and a Mustang just wasn't going to cut it as a family car.

Well, count us as IN on the new ones! Just so happened Santa dropped by and left this 2010 "GT", we're not too picky on the options! The weather sucks today, but it's TX. Look out tomorrow!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure the bride want sleep to good for the next week? She may have to call in with Mustang idus!

Edited by d.reese

d.reese - congrats! I'm sure you'll love it and welcome to the club of no garage space......

here's a link on the 2010Kr that is being sold ~ $50k

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=216265#post216265

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/647840-new-2009-kr-best-price-3.html

Edited by MAD IN NC

Thanks! I been reading the threads about shops, sure could use one, but we live in one of those dreaded home owners assc. ( no metal shop allowed, has to match the home)! Got it's good and bad! Oh well Merry Christmas to all that have one!!!

The Shelby is nice, but the wife and a stick? Never work, much less, we couldn't afford one!

The GT msrp was over 40K, caught em in a weak moment (trying to meet the quota for the year), got it at 30.5K.

d.reese - congrats! I'm sure you'll love it and welcome to the club of no garage space......

here's a link on the 2010Kr that is being sold ~ $50k

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=216265#post216265

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/647840-new-2009-kr-best-price-3.html

Edited by d.reese

I sympathize with ya D on; 1.) the association in my subdivisions. Power went to their heads and they act like a bunch of neighborhood Nazi's.... This summer to tick them off I'm moving my 4 post lift into the driveway!

By this time next year I will have two lifts and 5 cars in a 3 car garage!

2.) My wife and a stick will be an expensive learning experience for me... and

Also, I agree this is the best time of year to buy a vehicle. Last year I bought a new F-150 and drove 35% out of the price between discounts, rebates and dealer panic

Enjoy the ride.... cheers!