Sign in to follow this  
Print Dad

Tire size conversion and fit 70 Mach 1

would like to see some pics of the rear wheel/tire combo fitment without lips being rolled. I'm thinking of 17x9 in rear with 285/35 and 17x8 in front with 245/45. I want to lower the car a couple inches but am unsure the rear will fit.

Hi, I took a few quick pics tonight for you but its not great with the car on the lift. I think you can tell which are the front and rear shots but let me know if you can't. Hope that helps.

Do yourself a favor and have the lips rolled. It's easy with the right tool and you won't cut into the sidewalls of a new set of tires. I run 285/40/18 on the rear and they would not fit without the lips rolled.

Do yourself a favor and have the lips rolled. It's easy with the right tool and you won't cut into the sidewalls of a new set of tires. I run 285/40/18 on the rear and they would not fit without the lips rolled.

The 285/35/18 fits fine on the rear without rolling the fender lips if you have the right wheel backspacing/offset.