Sign in to follow this  
Ltnrisk

Quarter Window Molding

Hi guys,

I found some of the stainless steel quarter moldings in between the front glass and the quarter window. The catch is that they are off a 1969 Cougar coupe, so my question is if they will fit my 69 coupe.

Thanks

My project is really coming along so i'll have to update pics on my restomod coupe.

If you're talking about the vertical piece that holds the rubber I'm pretty sure it WILL fit. The door glass is exactly the same as a mustang. The qtr glass may be slightly different at the rear but the interface to the door glass is the same. I have 70 cougar bolt in door glass in my 69 coupe.

Are you looking to put the piece on the quarter glass or the door glass? I have to replace one of mine on the door glass and I'm tempted just to get the ones that go on the quarter glass instead of the door glass. I don't see why I couldn't use either one, I've seen it both ways on 69's.

Are you looking to put the piece on the quarter glass or the door glass? I have to replace one of mine on the door glass and I'm tempted just to get the ones that go on the quarter glass instead of the door glass. I don't see why I couldn't use either one, I've seen it both ways on 69's.

Well that is encouraging to hear if they can go on either window. Mostly because the Cougar moldings go on the quarter glass and I believe (could be wrong) that the moldings on the mustang go on the front glass. So to answer your question I was going to install them on the quarter glass if I decide to purchase the cougar moldings. But due to recent developments, I have found pictures of my car having them on, which means they must be around my shop somewhere :blink:

And if one of the moderators stop by I want to say I proudly used the search function before starting this thread, but none of it dealt with this particular subject.