1997 Pontiac Grand Prix, moms other car

2006 VW wheel stander dune buggy

1969 Mustang Grande, moms first ride

1969 Chevy stepside, dads old ride

1966 Ford F100, my FIRST ride

88 Turbocoupe

85 Mustang SVO

91 Mustang GT 5.0

Of course each one of these is why the 69 Stang is not running yet as the TC and the SVO were non-running when picked up. BUT they have been enjoyable.

And then the more boring stuff:

98 Windstar when the weather is bad and my wife's 02 F150 Crewcab.

From 1969 to now:

1969 Mustang fastback *

1968 Cortina 2 door *

1966 Cortina 4 door *

1979 Fairmont *

1981 Zephyr Z-7 *

1986 Sable *

1993 Taurus wagon *

1999 Sable wagon, daily driver

* still have

* sold

* donated

Edited by tim42

It kills me when I hear people say that the newer Fords aren't on par with imports as far as quality, and what I'll call endurance reliability (running trouble free for 100,000/ 200,000+ miles. There are some cars, probably built on Fridays that will be destined to be lemons, having problems day one. I'm on my third Ford that is about to break 200,000 miles, and every Ford my dad has owned doesn't leave his livery until it has cracked 200,000 miles and we have yet to have any problems that aren't expected to pop up after that many miles, mainly small items around the drivers position in the car. The people I hear the most trash Fords use the argument, "I had a Ford once and it was the biggest piece of junk," and come to find out they had a twenty year old tempo, or some other similar econo-throwaway car from around the time late 70's or early 80's from when Ford pulled their heads out of their butts and instituted Quality Job One or what ever they called their awakening to the realization they had to build better vehicles. By the way, I think Toyota trucks hold the number one position for recalls the past few years with catastrophic frame and engine failures.

I was born into a Ford family so I'm extremely biased towards them, but what keeps me loyal is their innovation. Look at the V8s Ford continues to put out, in a couple years the OHC modular motors will be twenty year old technology. The GT the Shelby GT500, sure most of us will never own one, but their creation gives us tangible stuff to have wet dreams about. Relegating your Ford ownership to just the old stuff doesn't help them create newer cars guys like us will be fixing up and enjoying in thirty years.

I understand one of the biggest draws the little people containers have on people is the gas mileage. Sure it costs me a little more when I drive an F-150 or a late model mustang daily, but it sure is a hell of a lot more fun. Tree huggers, Al Gore-like politicians and the current crop of Washington numb nut, I'll stop there with the adjectives to be civil. Anyways they want to take away V8s, newer ones, older ones, all of them. I wouldn't want to own one of those little cars, it'd make me feel as those I'm rolling over preemptively and making liberal global warming doomsdayers think they can influence me.

One last thing, if you do drive an import, don't even put an American Flag sticker or any other patriotic items on it. I expect to see Obama stickers on them, but it burns me up as a Veteran to see my flag on imports.

my cars without pics, cuz i don't have any of the daily drivers but my gallery has pics of the stang and the cougar.

my daily driver is an 86 Lincoln Town Car and my wife has an 02 Ford escape. our previous drivers were my 93 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2 door 2wd and my wife had an 01 Explorer Sport and of course i have the 69 Mustang GT coupe and the 69 Cougar

my brother has a 95 Ranger with 400,000 + miles, my step dad has an 03 F-150, my mom has an 03 Chevy Tahoe.....was inherited when my grandfather passed away and my sister has an 04 Beetle. oh my Dad has an 08 Dodge Caliber and his twin brother, my uncle, has a 95 for E-150 van that he bought new to replace his old 83 E-150 that he also bought new. so most of my family drive's Fords.

One last thing, if you do drive an import, don't even put an American Flag sticker or any other patriotic items on it. I expect to see Obama stickers on them, but it burns me up as a Veteran to see my flag on imports.

Chances are it's an American driving the car. I think they have the freedom to put whatever sticker they want on their car. :smile: