Sign in to follow this  
ccobra70

my 1970 pro-touring project

prostreeter thanks for all the kind words, I started the build myself all the tear down then broke my leg, after a year of healing I realized like you I was better off doing what I do and letting someone else finish my project, so I really cant take credit for the hands on stuff I took it to Doug at classic collision in Bryan TX. I give him and his guys credit for all the hard work, I worked with him on my ideas of the build and what I wanted the car to look like, which I have changed some stuff during process.(thats the hardest thing of a build the design, color, and wheel and tire options..ect..)

ok so wheels and tires I thought I had a plan for the boze injected, but I have changed that now and I am going with the new pro-touring design of billet specialties/patriot with the kdw 2 tires all the way around I am going to see if I can fit 295/40/18

0000001162prod.jpg

on the hood issue you have reproduction, ford tooling, or original oem, a repro is fine for the older mustang from what I am told but for our cars you dont want a repro for sure you need at least a ford tooling, or if you can find or afford a oem even better.

so I used a ford tooling!!

I thought about using a silver in the dash, or painting both the plastic inserts of the dash silver, but that plastic has texture to it and you would need to sand it, which I just thought it was a little to much show car for what I want I like alot of the orig. stuff to a mustang, I am going to paint the console silver to break up some of the black int.

on the airride I used air-ride technologies which is now ridetech. I mounted it behind the rear seat under the package tray, everthing fits good there, pump tank switches.

look at top of pic

mustang3091.jpg

mustang3120.jpg

mustang3121.jpg

here is a pic of a silver console

4interior.jpg

here is the strerring wheel I ordered from shutt

vy3thumb.jpg

prostreeter thanks for all the kind words, I started the build myself all the tear down then broke my leg, after a year of healing I realized like you I was better off doing what I do and letting someone else finish my project, so I really cant take credit for the hands on stuff I took it to Doug at classic collision in Bryan TX. I give him and his guys credit for all the hard work, I worked with him on my ideas of the build and what I wanted the car to look like, which I have changed some stuff during process.(thats the hardest thing of a build the design, color, and wheel and tire options..ect..)

ok so wheels and tires I thought I had a plan for the boze injected, but I have changed that now and I am going with the new pro-touring design of billet specialties/patriot with the kdw 2 tires all the way around I am going to see if I can fit 295/40/18

0000001162prod.jpg

on the hood issue you have reproduction, ford tooling, or original oem, a repro is fine for the older mustang from what I am told but for our cars you dont want a repro for sure you need at least a ford tooling, or if you can find or afford a oem even better.

so I used a ford tooling!!

I thought about using a silver in the dash, or painting both the plastic inserts of the dash silver, but that plastic has texture to it and you would need to sand it, which I just thought it was a little to much show car for what I want I like alot of the orig. stuff to a mustang, I am going to paint the console silver to break up some of the black int.

on the airride I used air-ride technologies which is now ridetech. I mounted it behind the rear seat under the package tray, everthing fits good there, pump tank switches.

look at top of pic

mustang3091.jpg

mustang3120.jpg

mustang3121.jpg

here is a pic of a silver console

4interior.jpg

here is the strerring wheel I ordered from shutt

vy3thumb.jpg

Angel thanks I like that pic to, the rear tire/wheel is a 10in wheel with a 275/40/18 tire. we orig. tried to put a 295 tire for mock up but it was way to big, but now that the 275 is mounted it looks like there is room for a 295, its fine for now but I think after I wear them out I'm going to try the 295, it would give it a more squared off tire, right now its a little rounded from the wheel to the top of tread!!

You have a nice fat lip in the back. Wheels are sick! I have the same tire but on a 9.5" rim. Ill be using 285/35/18 next time for the same reason, top is round. I dont think I can fit a 295 on my wheel without it rubbing.

angel I thought your car looks good as is dosent need alot of work, I like the stance.

jayru the door panels are stock replacement, and matt thomas at thomas upholstery did the consol and classic collision did the paint on it both here in Bryan Texas, I will try and get some better interior pics and some trunk pics, I am supposed to get the car back this week so I can build the exsaust for it, never done it before but have a friend to help that has, so hopefully we can tackle it, its going to be all stainless mandrel bent!!

I built this car for him.. I am working on a 69 for another customer and came up on this thread. Feel free to email me at classicdoug@verizon.net if you have any questions. You can see a few more pics here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150311298780517.563041.408010655516

The console is custom built using wood and fiberglass.

Doug

Here are some finished pics, havent posted in a while my computer crashed and having to get all my pics out of the old one...the willwood master came from summit racing the boster is stock, the calipers were taken apart and powder coated, the car runs great I posted a dyno tune vid at the end of the last pic it put out about 420 to the rear wheel and was still pulling but did not want to hurt the motor mike murrillo is a wizzard on fast fuel injection , just got a/c running and it blows 40deg out the vents, very fun to drive, doug did a great job nothing but quality work comes from his shop and he is very knowlegable and can help with alot of built questions, shoot him a message if yall need anything!!

Here are some finished pics, havent posted in a while my computer crashed and having to get all my pics out of the old one...the willwood master came from summit racing the boster is stock, the calipers were taken apart and powder coated, the car runs great I posted a dyno tune vid at the end of the last pic it put out about 420 to the rear wheel and was still pulling but did not want to hurt the motor mike murrillo is a wizzard on fast fuel injection , just got a/c running and it blows 40deg out the vents, very fun to drive, doug did a great job nothing but quality work comes from his shop and he is very knowlegable and can help with alot of built questions, shoot him a message if yall need anything!!

I love the pics, especially the stance of the car! :punk:

BTW, how do the Pypes mufflers sound? I'm curious. My flowmasters are way too loud! I like terrorizing the neighborhood, but i'd also like to have a conversation with my wife and kids on our way to the car show....know what I mean?

BTW, how do the Pypes mufflers sound? I'm curious. My flowmasters are way too loud! I like terrorizing the neighborhood, but i'd also like to have a conversation with my wife and kids on our way to the car show....know what I mean?

What series do you have? I have the super 44s and inside of the car is not loud at all unless your really romping on it.

It does have a drone at 55-60 mph though.

Thanks guys for all the compliments, the front tires are 245/40/18 on 8 inch wheels, I have had alot of mufflers in the past but I really love the pypes violators they have a nice crackle to them at idle then open up at speed but dont have the drone like some mufflers do. here is a link to a vid. my son took hopefully you can hear the pypes!!

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/585/sqf.mp4/