Sign in to follow this  
ccobra70

my 1970 pro-touring project

It's electric life kit I bought them on feebay at a lot better price then their web site and I am using the door switches that use the window cranks so it looks all stock like you have to crank the window but once you push up or down on the crank it's the switch to the motor, which I bought those from summit, at a lot better price as well, we have the driver door done and those motors are quick to raise and lower the glass alot faster than I expected, you could loose a finger in one LOL.

stangme these are the same ones that cphsonic has on his 69 I got the idea from him I am going to put them in my original cluster I looked at yours and wanted the horse emblem in there as well, but I really like these guages they look good and do have alot of feateres, look on speedhut.com and look at the revolution guages its a pretty cool site where you can change colors and lighting and see it change as you click on it so check it out, I'm curious to see how yours are turning out I look for updates here daily I love seeing these old cars come back even if they are low budget rides or over the top .

yep -- cool man -- i checked out the speedhut site.. nice features - yep cant wait to get them back on the road...!!!:tongue_smilie: i visit 69stang.com way tooo much...:whistling:

stangme these are the same ones that cphsonic has on his 69 I got the idea from him I am going to put them in my original cluster I looked at yours and wanted the horse emblem in there as well, but I really like these guages they look good and do have alot of feateres, look on speedhut.com and look at the revolution guages its a pretty cool site where you can change colors and lighting and see it change as you click on it so check it out, I'm curious to see how yours are turning out I look for updates here daily I love seeing these old cars come back even if they are low budget rides or over the top .

haven't posted in a while we had to end up building the headers I couldn't find any off the shelf to fit, under the car is all done(fuel lines,all wiring,battery,airride,trans,brakes)we are going to try an hook up the laptop and get a start up tune next week and start the car after that exsaust wheels tires and interior Ill keep the pics coming as I get more!!

mustang3168.jpg

mustang3169.jpg

mustang3170.jpg

mustang3171.jpg

mustang3174.jpg

mustang3172.jpg

mustang3173.jpg

s

haven't posted in a while we had to end up building the headers I couldn't find any off the shelf to fit, under the car is all done(fuel lines,all wiring,battery,airride,trans,brakes)we are going to try an hook up the laptop and get a start up tune next week and start the car after that exsaust wheels tires and interior Ill keep the pics coming as I get more!!

mustang3168.jpg

mustang3169.jpg

mustang3170.jpg

mustang3171.jpg

mustang3174.jpg

mustang3172.jpg

mustang3173.jpg

s

mustang3168.jpg

mustang3169.jpg

mustang3170.jpg

mustang3171.jpg

mustang3174.jpg

mustang3172.jpg

mustang3173.jpg

s

finally got the car running,had a few wires that had to be fixed, and had to replace a msd box, used a laptop and a startup tune from f.a.s.t that works pretty good, we still have to get mufflers on its open headers now so we still need to put in the o2 sensor and coolant, but for first time start up runs pretty good I think. here is a link to the vid.

http://yfrog.us/0wmustang3180z

finally got the car running,had a few wires that had to be fixed, and had to replace a msd box, used a laptop and a startup tune from f.a.s.t that works pretty good, we still have to get mufflers on its open headers now so we still need to put in the o2 sensor and coolant, but for first time start up runs pretty good I think. here is a link to the vid.

http://yfrog.us/0wmustang3180z

stangme thanks for the comments, I put a fast 4150 style tb it sets real low, I am having them make a aircleaner you can see the part on the tb there from there it is going to have a boot then elbow and run up toward the front pass side of motor and just have a k&n cone filter, thats the only prob with the tall 351 not much hood cleararence at all.

stangme thanks for the comments, I put a fast 4150 style tb it sets real low, I am having them make a aircleaner you can see the part on the tb there from there it is going to have a boot then elbow and run up toward the front pass side of motor and just have a k&n cone filter, thats the only prob with the tall 351 not much hood cleararence at all.

cool... should look nice..:biggrin:

cool... should look nice..:biggrin:

OK...this is a cool build,well thought out.What I can appreciate is your doing it yourself.I wished I had the time,patients and facilities to do my own work but I don't.Your build is somewhat similar to my Kama Kaase build:biggrin:

Couple questions....I read the whole build process but didn't see your wheel choice.

I see you had some issues with the aftermarket hoods.I know for certain most are pure junk and needs hours of work.So which hood did you end up using?

Which airride system did you use and where did you mount everything.Would like to see pics.

Nice choice of the guages too.I think your car would look great with brushed aluminum dash inserts as seen here http://www.mustangdepot.com/onlinecatalog/Interior/jme_697.htm

The panel alignment is perfect.Well done.

What's your background in the restoration field.You do very nice work!!!

OK...this is a cool build,well thought out.What I can appreciate is your doing it yourself.I wished I had the time,patients and facilities to do my own work but I don't.Your build is somewhat similar to my Kama Kaase build:biggrin:

Couple questions....I read the whole build process but didn't see your wheel choice.

I see you had some issues with the aftermarket hoods.I know for certain most are pure junk and needs hours of work.So which hood did you end up using?

Which airride system did you use and where did you mount everything.Would like to see pics.

Nice choice of the guages too.I think your car would look great with brushed aluminum dash inserts as seen here http://www.mustangdepot.com/onlinecatalog/Interior/jme_697.htm

The panel alignment is perfect.Well done.

What's your background in the restoration field.You do very nice work!!!