Sign in to follow this  
ccobra70

my 1970 pro-touring project

there is a blue light behind the projector then there is a small blue bulb there in the bottom, I am going to hook up the small one to the fog lights I think it will look like the bmw where there is a light just around the rim when the fog is on then the headlight will be like a projector beam with a blue color to it I think it will look good against the silver, its all sealed in to the light.

stangme thanks for the encouragement I glad you like it, we put in the hydo clutch like you did I did not get pics of it I forgot but we could not get engagement so we called modern driveline and he said that they have had problems with the setup, the bore size of the master is to small to engage the cluch so they are sending out another one, so you might want to check yours and make sure you dont need it also , let me know how it comes out, and congrats on the motor install I like the valve covers those are cool!!!

ccobra70 - uh oh ... ok .. cool i have not engaged the clutch yet ... motor comes out and goes to the engine dyno on Wednesday.. so hopefully that goes good.. its my first engine dyno .. so im a little nervous.:scared:

ill call modern driveline tomorrow to see if they can tell by my order what size bore i have and if it needs to be exchanged. thanks a million for the heads up.

this has to be the best forum i have ever been in... :tongue_smilie:

stangme thanks for the encouragement I glad you like it, we put in the hydo clutch like you did I did not get pics of it I forgot but we could not get engagement so we called modern driveline and he said that they have had problems with the setup, the bore size of the master is to small to engage the cluch so they are sending out another one, so you might want to check yours and make sure you dont need it also , let me know how it comes out, and congrats on the motor install I like the valve covers those are cool!!!

guys thanks for all the kind words and encouragement, man I want it done today but the budget doesent allow , so it will get done hopefully by next summer thats what I am shooting for,

I sent a message to the guy with the blue 70 to see what he did for suspention Ill post when he gets back to me I saw it on the pro-touring forum,,, Ill post a few updated pics here soon of my progress!!

i'm actually on this site... i posted the build up a few yrs ago...

i like your rear setup...

btw i'm using TCP upper control arms, for the bottom i installed the CPP mini sub frame/lower A arms. KYB gas a just shocks and meier racing springs. I think next year I'm switching out the springs to TCP coilovers.

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=4335

Edited by squidz

rwcstang the paint is from a volkswagen they have used it for a while its called reflex silver, has alot of shine in the sunlight most silver is kinda flat or dull not much reflection not this one!!!!

squidz love your car glad to see another coupe I have seen your car in a few other post as well dont see to many nice pro-tour 70 coupes. nice burn out . what kind of motor and times are you running in quarter.

rwcstang the paint is from a volkswagen they have used it for a while its called reflex silver, has alot of shine in the sunlight most silver is kinda flat or dull not much reflection not this one!!!!

squidz love your car glad to see another coupe I have seen your car in a few other post as well dont see to many nice pro-tour 70 coupes. nice burn out . what kind of motor and times are you running in quarter.

have a 347 stroker...currently running low 12's trying to crack 11's...

my suspension setup is holding my quarter times back quite a bit as it's setup for road course...i think if i took off my front sway and tweaked my rear i should get another 3 to 4 tenths out of her...

Edited by squidz