Sign in to follow this  
ccobra70

my 1970 pro-touring project

Hello everyone

I have my first car I ever owned a 1970 mustang coupe i bought in dec 1990, alot of people ask why I am building a coupe, its got alot of good times in that car!! so I am going to beputting in a ton of money and time so here is what is planned a 427 stroker with fuel injection, tremec tko600 from modern driveline with hydro cluch, chriss alston chassis works 4link with a fab9 housing 390 gear, airride tech all the way around, a heidits superride 2 front kit with the shock towers deleted, interior will be prob, some stock some new,I plan on power windows tilt column, ac, I got started on the car about 3 years ago then broke my leg, so i got set back but im back on it now, the paint will be a silver,motor bay flat black, and undercoated black, I havent decided on wheels yet , and i welcome all ideas, thanks for looking ill update with pictures

colby forumbox_top_left.gifforumbox_top_tile.gifforumbox_top_right.gifforumbox_left_tile.gifAir Ride Now known as Ride Tech. Air Ride Suspension & Much More

forumbox_right_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_left.gifforumbox_bottom_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_right.gif

great build!! love those coupes .... i researched the same rear suspension. i already have a modified front suspension so im going to see how it pans out when i get it back on the road. cant wait to see your progress. keep us posted.:tongue_smilie:

guys thanks for all the kind words and encouragement, man I want it done today but the budget doesent allow , so it will get done hopefully by next summer thats what I am shooting for,

I sent a message to the guy with the blue 70 to see what he did for suspention Ill post when he gets back to me I saw it on the pro-touring forum,,, Ill post a few updated pics here soon of my progress!!

looking GREAT!!! :tongue_smilie:

so give the scoop on the motor --- looks interesting -- rear sump oil pan ... engine compartment makes me jealous, i have decided to repaint mine a satin black from eastwood. what paints did you use?

keep up the good work and keep the pics flowin':biggrin:

hey guys thanks for the encouragement I kind of hit a snag with the hood I used a aftermarket one and did the body work to it and had it flawless painted the underside cut our the wiring holes for the scoop and then shut it and nothing but waves in the top, so we tried another aftermarket hood from a different company and got it straight as an arrow then pulled it out in the sun from being cold and it warped, so 3rd hood is a ford tooling hood that is on the car now with body work being done and the cut out for scoop ,,, so it got behind sched. and dont ever use a aftermarket hood for your car. I hope to have it done realisticly by next year hopefully next summer, depends on cash man this is an expensive hobby, but worth doing. ill keep the pics coming as I get more thanks guys

oh and here is the motor rundown 427w

1974 9.5 351w block

two bolt mains, blue printed by chp,chp full comp prep machine work

4.30 bore

crowler custom hyd roller adv. duration intake 290lift550exhaust304lift.573lobe sep

crane gold 7/16stud mount roller rockers 1.6ratio crane hyd roller lifters,crane moly push rods

trick flow r alum. heads, comp ported by chp,spyder victor jr. intake efi conv.with rails,fast 4150 throttle body, 55lb siemens deka inj. chp crank 4.170 stoke 50oz bal,eagle h-beam rods 6.250 length arp bolts,probe pistons flat top tf r series, 10to1

clevite bearings, fluiddamper sfi balancer cloyes double chain, probe main girdle, arp studs arp, head studs,canton pan rear sump,melling pump edl victor water pump,msd pro billit dist. tall valve covers, billet timing pointer, fast sequential computer for fuel injection.