Sign in to follow this  
DanF1973

Are you fraking kidding me!

Ok so most of you guys have seen or have helped with answering post on this board. I'm having a very hard time this week from my father going in for Gal-bladder surgery to coming out with pneumonia to then having a freaking heart attack to now having to have triple bypass! So i've been up pretty much over the last 9 days and will get on here and there because it kinda gives me something do you know. Well all of you guys knew i was having problems with wiring on my car. I found out the coil and ignition wasn't wired right. So I decided today to take a few hrs for myself before heading up to the hospital. So it was alittle hard to start but i advanced the timing some and it would then start. so I drove her around the block and drove pretty good but thinking little bit more tunning. so I pulled up into the drive and i see smoke! I open the hood a freaking oil everywhere on the drivers side=( It isn't up on the valve covers but splattered on some of the spark plugs. the whole entire area of the power sterring is covered the frame below, So i got up under it and the oil filter has oil beads. the oil pan isn't leaking so could it be the oil filter cracked?

if it is oil.... check and see if the oil filter rubber gasket is ripped.. you will only see it when removing the oil filter.. if so it will pump every bit of oil in your motor out... ask me how i know....:scared:

96 cobra... got busy and didn't have time to change the oil myself... took it to a garage to have it changed... then about two days later while i was pulling away from a light... 20 miles an hour.. nothing but smoke.. scared the @#$% out of me... pulled into the turn lane... called a wrecker and had it towed home. . looked like they put it on either without lubing the rubber seal or over tightening the filter... ripped it ..thank you for mobil1 synthetic... figured out what happened... removed that POS fram filter they installed... installed a Ford filter.. filled with synthetic.. life was good..:tongue_smilie: i wont get on my soap box about fram filters and the sealing problems.

ditto.. hope your dad is doing good.

Well i replaced the filter and also the oil pump thing that bolts to a shaft then to the blok it was kinda loose though but the car wont start over so beyound pissed and stress with my dad being sick! so got into truck and pushed into the garage. I'm thinking i have to go threw all the wiring now also and how knows why the oil pumped out. I did look at the filter and the ring pulled right off?

could have been the oil filter. hard to tell but under pressure it may have squirted oil everywhere on that side.

Well i replaced the filter and also the oil pump thing that bolts to a shaft then to the blok it was kinda loose though but the car wont start over so beyound pissed and stress with my dad being sick! so got into truck and pushed into the garage. I'm thinking i have to go threw all the wiring now also and how knows why the oil pumped out. I did look at the filter and the ring pulled right off?

Sounds like the sending unit is leaking or the pipe connecting it to the block is leaking or cracked. Pull them off and look them over. IT's an eay fix if one is damaged, even easier if it's just loose. Teflon them and reinstall if they look ok

yea i did an oil change andwhen i dropped the oild filter no oil came out beside what was in the filter and when i drain the pan there was oil but i think that 1 mile loop blew at least 3qrts of oil. So i tried to tighen the oil staff as tight as i could bc of its location and being under the car i could only do so much bc I still had to put the other piece back on top. So i did filled her up and went to start her and nothing! I mean I just dont understand. I found a wire down in the ignition switch that was hanging on by a thread and fixed it and it would take about to cranks before it would run. fixed the issue with the T-cable not returning to normal position by repalcing the springs with new onesMy father has been sick as I said and he is number one and is doing good hoping to come home Sunday rest 2 weeks then triple bypass. So all this stress is getting much. I know the car is a materal thing but its kinda like my out u know. So not sure if i need to just pull the dash out pull the ignition switch make sure all wires are a ok. Bc it wont turn over just tries and dies thats it! Before it would after I ran the right wires to the electronic ignition like the way it should and I could jump the coil from the battery but not this time.

youll figure the wiring out dont sweat it .... btw my dad also had bypass surgery.. amazing that they have the procedure down to a science... in and out in a timely manner... recovery is quick also. amazing to me. they have come a long way!

youll figure the wiring out dont sweat it .... btw my dad also had bypass surgery.. amazing that they have the procedure down to a science... in and out in a timely manner... recovery is quick also. amazing to me. they have come a long way!

I use to do adult open hearts but its funny how when its your own it hard to chill bc you know what happens during surgery.

Try finding the plug on the firewall, middle above bell-housing, where the "neutral bypass" switch comes into the harness at and bypass that switch (short in out). Try it. Happened to me once or twice

If it still doesn't work the other two wires in that same square come from the ignition - check them there......

Here is what i got, the ignition pigtail has yellow which went to yellow blk to blk. there is a purple not sure what color wire it goes to, theres a red with white strip capped off, red with blue stripe and another red wire. i know the red wire was going to 2 wires, one being brown the other a lime green/red strip in it? im so confused havent found any info web searching.