Sign in to follow this  
Jade_69

69 Mustang Registry

Would you be willing to post info. about your car?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to post info. about your car?

• Yes, model,VIN & door tag, current color, state, condition
    • Yes, model, current config, state, condition
    • Yes, model, original config, current config, condition, state
    • No thanks

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a registry of surviving '69 mustangs. I have a 69 Convertible in a rare color, and have owned it for 3 full show seasons, but have yet to see another 69 convertible, yet another 69 of any shape painted silver jade.

It is easy to tell how many 69's were made, but I wonder how many survive! I am not sure what would be involved, but I think a page on here would be a neat way to have people list their cars.

Please comment!

-

I've got a coupe that was originally painted Silver Jade, and another member GXSRKen has a fastback he restored back to silver jade. Silver Jade was also only available until 4/69. But I think most folks painted over their cars in the seventies and eighties. Mine sporting a bad 80's "Buy me red" paint job when i bought it

that thread collects only a small part of info.

basically just the production date and the "serial number", not even the body style, engine or tranny

True... but perhaps they can be rolled together. Pak is compiling them all in a spreadsheet. I'm heading to that thread now to add one. :clap:

Feel free to send a PM to BSwor the site owner and see what he thinks. I also have no problem adding more info to the list I've started and getting as minute with the info as people want to offer. I really just started that as more of a goof just to get some insight into Fords build process and maybe see if we had some consecutives and what not.

To me a true registry has to be very complete if it's going to exist and even with a dedicated 69 Mustang website like this we have barely got the info on 50 cars so far with over 13,105 registered members (287 active) so that is very little participation from even just a small percentage of car owners and I can't think of a place on the web that would have a bigger pond to fish from for that data than here.

There used to be a Silver Jade '69 convertible on the show circuit out here in the SF Bay Area. Unfortunately the owner passed away about 5 years ago and I have not seen the car since. I believe the family still has it. It was really nice and had a set of Magnums on it.

My Mach 1 was an original silver jade car, I can't say I dislike the color but in my opinion Gulfstream aqua is a much better color so that's what I repainted it to.

Normally I don't stray from original but I made an exception this time.

I have been toying with the idea of creating a 69 convertible mustang registry, but have not committed the time that is truly needed for this to be done properly. The issue still remains, what information does one provide or be asked for....

Bill