Sign in to follow this  
1andonlywhitie

Looking for car...

Hey guys,

I am in the market for a '69 fastback and stumbled across this website.

I am looking for a nice driver-quality fastback, maybe something like a Mach 1 or Boss 302 clone. Ideally it would be a stick shift with a 302/351 motor. I would be willing to look at almost anything though. Please no rust or at least minimal rust if possible! Haha.

I have a budget of around $15,000. I'm in Dallas Texas so ideally the car would be reasonably close but I would be willing to travel for the right car.

So lets see what you guys have got!

Thanks!

David :D

Welcome to the site, David. It's actually a bit of a buyer's market these days, what with the economy and all, so your odds are good. I would suggest browsing the usual sources; eBay, your local paper, Craig's list, etc... 69 sportsroofs (the correct name for 69 fastbacks :) are plentiful. When you find one, pass it by the folks on this site. The friendly experts here will immediately be able to tell you if it's real, fake, overpriced, a deal, rare, desireable, etc. We just watched a member by a real GT coupe for a song, so good deals are out there. Good luck and happy hunting!

Hey!

Thanks for replying!

As for those links, I have been keeping an eye on Craigslist... One of those links was deleted, one has been sold and the '70 in Rowlett we actually went to see in person and wasn't quite what I was after... I don't wanna say it was overpriced in case the owner is on this site... :shifty:

I'm scouting a possible car at the moment, out of state, but ideally (if this one falls through...) someone on here will have one in thir garage nearby that they would like to offload for a reasonable price...

The search continues... :closedeyes:

I am trying to sell a 1969 mustang for my great aunt. My uncle bought the car new in 69. It was repainted once back in the factory mettalic green. It has a black vinyl top, black leather interior, v-8 , automatic and has just under 150,000 miles on it . Up until her surgery she used it as a daily driver. It is still all original right down to the am philco radio in it. It is garage kept and is in San Mateo california. I live outside of Houston texas so I am trying to go off of memory and what my Grandmother who is there visiting can tell me over the phone. The car is pristine. I'm almost positive it is a 302 V8. I know it does not have a/c. i can get pictures upon request.

I am trying to sell a 1969 mustang for my great aunt. My uncle bought the car new in 69. It was repainted once back in the factory mettalic green. It has a black vinyl top, black leather interior, v-8 , automatic and has just under 150,000 miles on it . Up until her surgery she used it as a daily driver. It is still all original right down to the am philco radio in it. It is garage kept and is in San Mateo california. I live outside of Houston texas so I am trying to go off of memory and what my Grandmother who is there visiting can tell me over the phone. The car is pristine. I'm almost positive it is a 302 V8. I know it does not have a/c. i can get pictures upon request.

Is it a coupe or fastback?

Hey... surely with a vinyl top it would be a coupe?

Still hunting... out-of-state car was not quite right so the search continues.. let me know if anyone has anything...

:shifty:

i have a 69 GT for sale, however, it's a coupe and the price is a bit higher than you're looking for but it's done, completely restored. it still has a few little after resto bugs that need to be worked out but pretty minor stuff really. let me know if you're interested