Sign in to follow this  
BAdass70

oh boy this could get interesting

so as far as i know this motor has been rebuilt, dont know how long ago but the guy i bought it off of said not long ago.. i know the guy personally so im sure hes not dickin me, so far ive rebuilt the original trans, shift improving kit, 2200-2600 stall. i wanted to do the basic tune up plugs wires etc. i went to pull of the plugs yesturday to change them out and the end of the plug was caked with sluggy oil.. i wasnt able to do the job becuase my dumb ass bought the wrong ones.. now heres the question ive been reading alot about why they could be oil fouled and every senario is bad.. its a 302 2v, any input would help, any clue to what could cause it or to maybe fix it? could it just be that one pistons rings are shot who knows.. maybe im missin something?

anyway thanks for the help!

Every scenario is bad.

Ask him what exacltly his "rebuild" consisted of. Could be that it just got honed and new rings.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say he left the heads alone and you've good leaky valve guides.

Do a compression test, that will tell you more...

Don't panic just yet, not every scenario is bad! A bad PCV valve could allow oil to be sucked up into the intake manifold and foul all the plugs in a matter of minutes. Try cleaning all the plugs and then plugging the pcv port while allowing the crankcase to vent to atmosphere. Run it for a while and re-check the plugs. This is not all that uncommon so cross your fingers. Good luck!