Sign in to follow this  
elcristobal

CLutch problem again

Hi, I installed the modern driveline clutch pedal in my 69 coupe. Problem im having is that when i push the clutch in the brake goes along with it. Same thing happens when i push the brake the clutch goes in. Im not an expert mechanic or anything, but does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be causing this? Thanks

Hello elcristobal,

I am probably all wet here but, is there one rod with both pedals.

I would think the pedals need to have a bushing so that the shaft doesn't rotate

as you step on the pedal.

It kinda sounds like the whole shaft is turning.

I hope someone else responds with better info...trying to help Print dad

please post some photos of your install -- i am awaiting my pedal and am very interested in the location you ended up with the install of the bracket.

i purchased the pedal bearing kit but have not installed it as of yet.

also, do you have power brakes?

Hi, I installed the modern driveline clutch pedal in my 69 coupe. Problem im having is that when i push the clutch in the brake goes along with it. Same thing happens when i push the brake the clutch goes in. Im not an expert mechanic or anything, but does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be causing this? Thanks

Hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks as though your pedal and the stop bushings are tighly bolted to the shaft that connects to both the clutch and break pedal. The clutch pedal and the break pedal should be pivoting freely. When you push the clutch does the pedal stop move with it. I would check for bushings, spacers etc so the petal moves freely on the shaft. Post a picture of the instructions as something does not look correct. just a thought, dan

It's really hard to tell from your photos. What is the rod sticking out of the left side of the pedal? Isn't that part of the pivot that should face the other way and go through the pedal support?

I just did the rebuild on mine and here is what it looks like out of the car, maybe that will help.

Edited by LFugate
spelling

Nothing I ordered came with instructions which i found weird, and I've emailed them asking for instructions but I still have not gotten any replys. That rod sticking out is something that is in place to hold the clutch quadrant which i purchased from Dallas Mustang which also came with no instructions. I think I may just end up taking out the whole assembly and fixing it outside the car. Thanks for the help, and ill keep yall updated on my fix.

elcristobal / LFugate - thanks for the pics ... i have the hydraulic setup with the heim joint and bracket to install.

i just received the correct clutch pedal when I arrived home Thursday night -- still have to send bruce @ modern driveline the 71-73 pedal that was shipped by accident.

but, i do need to remove the complete assembly to clean it up, paint it, install the roller bearing kit, and modify the stock automatic brake pedal pad to work with the clutch pad next to it.