Sign in to follow this  
SELLERSRODSHOP

shelby drop & new springs

finally took some time today for "me" & did the shelby drop & added the new 1" drop coils. ended up having to cut 1/2 coil to get the 1" drop as it stayed the same height uncut as the stock springs. may go a tad lower later, but want to get the rear springs done first, as one is sagging just enough to lift the opposite front corner up a bit. i'll get it level & then decide how much lower i want to go.

yep, winterfrost blue, or at least a vague interpretation on a repaint that has faded over the years along with some rattlecan touchup by the previous owner. i've got a one off custom mixed color here for the repaint, just waiting for the time & shop space to free up a little so i can pull it in & get at it.

hey sellers, i just did the same thing to my coupe. shelby drop, roller perches, cut 1/2 coil off my "1 inch lowering" 620 coils too. i noticed you posted the orp alignment specs on another thread. i like to take fast turns but im not taking mine to the track. i was wondering which spec were u going to use? street or street/performance?

i'll probably start out middle of the road so to say. if you look, the caster specs overlap .5 & the camber specs are .5 on the high end for stock & .5 at low end on performance so not really a major difference between the two. to me, an optimum starting point will be : caster +2.5, camber -1.0 & 1/8" toe. then i can tweak the specs to my liking from there.

thanks! out of all the mustangs i've built over the years, this one had the best starting point. never wrecked & no rust to amount to anything. as far as the shaker, i picked up the scoop & gasket cheap & fabricated my own midplate that mounts to the original air cleaner assy. also fabricated the hood ring myself. i have less than $100 in the whole thing :)

wow.... if i could do that i would have a shaker setup without a doubt... great job!!:tongue_smilie:

thanks! out of all the mustangs i've built over the years, this one had the best starting point. never wrecked & no rust to amount to anything. as far as the shaker, i picked up the scoop & gasket cheap & fabricated my own midplate that mounts to the original air cleaner assy. also fabricated the hood ring myself. i have less than $100 in the whole thing :)