Sign in to follow this  
Mama's 69

New Stang owner here (But my blood runs Mopar)

:surrender:My wife (of which I am posting this for) has opted to purchase a "basket case" '69 Mustang (Notchback?) for her driving pleasure. The dismay part is because I was born and raised on Mopar blood and have no idea what a Mustang is or what it does. After much discussion, she bought it. Don't get me wrong, I have driven it, tested it's "limits" and have established a repor with the awesome power of the built 351 Windsor that drives this monster. It's starting to grow on me. As soon as I get some good pics I'll post them for her 'cause, of course, it's "her car" but guess who gets to do all the work on it? Yup. So I'll be stopping in here from time to time to puzzle all you Mustang Guru's with my amazingly difficult questions. Thanks for your time and please don't bombard me with your Ford propaganda. I already know who's gonna be first when I race my wife...:surrender:

P.S. I have an odd sense of humor, I love the car, but love mine more.

I can take it and dish it out.........

Hey, Mopar guys are cool in my book. Most Ford people don't brag or try to preach there "Ford propaganda". You must have been hanging around a Chevy forum because that sounds more like them. I'm just kidding:tongue_smilie:. I think you will find this is more of a 69 Mustang site with people who love old cars in general, not just all Ford. Welcome and good luck.

Edited by SlimeGold 69

I see it just like SlimeGold 69.

i'd rather drive a classic duster, cuda, challanger, charger etc. then a foxbody mustang.

in fact, i'm just driving my 69 mustang hardtop because i can't afford a 1968 charger R/T or a 1971 hemi cuda :blink:

...but if i had the funds for one of those i would of probably go for a 1969 BOSS 302 :biggrin:

Well have I got a deal for you!! I'm currently in the process of restoring a 1969 Dodge Coronet, I've always been a fan of the B-Bodies. If you want the rotten shell of a Mopar I'll trade ya straight up!! :-) And yes, like Slimegold said, I've been hanging around my brother-in-law who wears a "Bow-Tie" all day, every day. It's just friendly "banter", like him and my father between Harley and Honda (not gonna get into it).

Just having a wife that wants a ride, can make your (any choice of) classic life soooo much simplier, we are living proof of the fact. We have a his and hers and life is as good as it gets in my house! Keep in mind hers had to get finished first, but that was the key to the success.

Well have I got a deal for you!! I'm currently in the process of restoring a 1969 Dodge Coronet' date=' I've always been a fan of the B-Bodies. If you want the rotten shell of a Mopar I'll trade ya straight up!! :-)[/quote']

give me a call as soon as the condition of your coronet is comparable to my mustang and I might consider it :tongue_smilie:

...and you would have to pay for the trasport :biggrin:

Yeah, as I'm quickly finding out, this will be a project that needs to be "road ready" before she starts driving it regularly. Needs: New fly wheel (thanks to improper starter attachment/ shimming I think), Power Break booster (wife is small and tiny, can't stop the thing to easy), and the steering has too much slop in it so another couple more $$$. But, like d.reese pointed out, having her car running is the key to MY HAPPINESS!! Mostly after hours lately :-)

I have several bow tie friends and a few mopars and all good natured ribbing aside we all pretty much feel that since the Rice Wars started we are all now brothers for the cause, kind of a the enemy of my enemy is my friend kinda thing. I classify cars into just two lumps today, either cool or not cool and I've seen a few imports that I thought were actually cool and some classics that definitely were not, our ugly car thread is proof enough of that.

Now if you'll exscue me while this was fun and all I must BAN you but thanks for stopping by.

:ban:

and the steering has too much slop in it so another couple more $$$.

First of all welcome aboard. I'm still pretty new here myself, but everybody's been made me feel at home.

As far as the steering on these old Mustangs goes, you might want to check out this site if you have time:

http://www.stangerssite.com/Optimum/index.html

Lots of good info there, and he does a first rate job if you decide to have him rebuild your steering box (I had him rebuild my whole PS system).

Good luck!

Thanks for the warm welcome (Pakrat) and all the info. The wife has a catalog for NPD and a Year One on the way. Any other places to get good Mustang info? I'm gonna need it all... We dont plan to go OEM but I want it done right. The wiring is atrocious! If you look in the dictionary under "Jerry Rigged" you'll find this damn car.

Welcome, mama's69. Just a few pointers...

1) The questions can be as hard as you want, all answers will be simple

2) It's ok to cross-over. I've actually gotten away with wearing my Mustang Hat while in my wife's Chevy. (It hasn't seemed to notice, yet!)

3) Don't bandy-about the phrase "her-car". You will get looks and stares!

Yea, here is a repro place for nice parts and discounts, like free shipping every now and then if the order is over a certain $ amount. Also they have like a additional 5% off if you'll join as a member.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/Default.asp?bhcd2=1251509028

I used them for every thing on our old stang. Just keep a list of whats next and place a sizeable order for solid savings. Now, saddle up that stang and get going on that project!

Welcome.... I to tired of the sloppy steering but went all the way with a R&P from Randalls Rack.... It was like waking up the day after a bad hangover! A completely new and responsive feeling.....

Good luck and enjoy.....

and as long as it's American Muscle - It's all good!

69 Mach 1 resto 408

05 Ford GT w/750+HP

73 Eldo Conv @ 6 MPG

65 IKEA Vette (current project as purchased in 100 box's)

another mopar and mustang fan here. We are restoring a 72 charger for my 16 year old son and a 69 mustang coupe for his old man so it is all good :biggrin:

How bout those pics? I'd like to see the stang and your mopar.