Sign in to follow this  
Moteaux

Stripe Request

A recent thread has brought me to this request. I have the black stripes for my Mach 1 in the box but I cant bring myself to put them on just yet. I see so many that i like the striping on, but i cant decide for myself and my car if i should go ahead and put them on. Can anyone put them on for me so i can see how it will look?

i like it without the stripe. but you cant tell its a mach1 without it. i would put it on if its a real mach1. but thats just my opinion. this is kinda like when people cant decide on what color to paint the car. they are torn between the original color and another color. often times the originality aspect becomes the deciding factor. you have a great looking car either way.

Edited by Angel

i like it without the stripe... .... you have a great looking car either way.

Thanks for the compliments. Yesterday I was convinced to leave it off, today I am thinking go with it. Decisions, decisions... :scared:

Well, except for the wheels your car looks pretty stock and it's a clean look without any of the extra chrome trim and as such looks really good as it is. Does it have the mach logo on the trunk?

Lately I find myslef attracted to the subtle design side of Chip Foose, one that he doesn't show often enough in my book. That is mixing and matching model correct looks with different years. I'm actually considering right now of replacing my scripted fender ornament with a 65-66 style, one that matches the typical font of the trunk letters. I'm not sure why Ford changed that script every other year but to me a logo should be constant and send a message. So that being said and not to try to confuse you further away from a decision but if your car were my car I think I would seriously consider adding the Mach 1 fender style from the 71-72 model onto your car in either the same location as found on the Boss 429 so that it appears to be natural and original or someplace totally different like the rear quarter to make it completely yours alone. I might not have the scale perfect and it's hard to see clear in this pic resolution but this gives you an idea anyway and maybe food for thought on an out of the box concept. I agree it's a shame to have a mach 1 and not call it out but nothing says you can't bend the rules a little and these things come off as easy as they go on so no matter what you do, it does not have to perminent and ruin the paint if you change your mind.

attachment.php?attachmentid=5298&stc=1&d=1251218089

attachment.php?attachmentid=5299&stc=1&d=1251218089

I say "GO FOR IT", Moteaux. And some chrome Wheel Well Molding would really set it off.

Thanks Pak for the extra photoshop and it has me thinking of some ideas. I like the script on the front, maybe a bit lower, though.

"Fan" I am really considering the stripe, but I am not a chrome wheel moulding kind of a guy. We have actually filled the holes for the chrome strip below the Mach 1 Stripe.

I have also considered some the Boss striping or a custom made stripe similar to the Mach but with a few subtle changes. My problem is too much time away from the car and not enough home to enjoy it. As it is I am currently typing this from the jungles of Indonesia on the Sumatra Island. Next time I get to put my hands on the car will be in mid-October! :(

Thanks Pak for the extra photoshop and it has me thinking of some ideas. I like the script on the front, maybe a bit lower, though.

Yeah sure, I was just placing it in about the same spot as a Boss 429 but it could go anywhere really. After looking at it for a while I have to say I really like this look on your car alot! It's a nice clean custom look without looking custom really, at least to the uneducated eye.

1969Boss429Green.jpg