Sign in to follow this  
70mstang

Mustang Week at Myrtle Beach SC

I've been to all of them but one since they started back in 2002. Very fun time .. not enough classics show up though. I feel bad driving my Chevy pickup to the activities, but it's what I got for now.

Wish I could make it. There is no Ford/Mustang shows close to me now. I used to go to every Fun Ford Weekend at Bristol Dragway (about 1hr drive for me) but that is no more. It was mostly late model stuff but It was a all Ford event with a car show, swap meet and tons of vendors. Myrtle Beach is about a 6 hour drive. I did find a upcoming event (NMRA Ford Nationals) at Lowe's Speedway NC in Aug. I was thinking about making the 190mi trip if it's worth it. Anyone ever been??? Sorry to hijack!

Edited by SlimeGold 69

Myrtle is 6 hours from me too, coming from the far side of Atlanta but I have a free place to stay so it's not so bad to go for the week. I'll be driving out of here on Sunday.

The Gate City Triad Mustang Club was a great club when I lived up in Greensboro NC. It sounds like they might be fairly close to ya.

It's a chevy S-10 color believe it or not .. something like scorching yellow. Nice fella, I spent a long time talking with him and snapping many pics so I can figure out how to modify my stinking repop rear quaters that have the 3 body lines versus the proper 2 body lines. Notice the 69 rear side marker lights?

It's a chevy S-10 color believe it or not .. something like scorching yellow. Nice fella, I spent a long time talking with him and snapping many pics so I can figure out how to modify my stinking repop rear quaters that have the 3 body lines versus the proper 2 body lines. Notice the 69 rear side marker lights?

Actually it's 2003 Chroma Premier Yellow. It came on the 2004 Chevy Blazer Extreme Truck. I was driving by Jeff Gordon Chevrolet in Wilmington, NC when I saw it, stopped in and stole the paint code...

The quarters are repops that at the time only came in 69. When I asked about the 70 they replied I would just need to cut the holes bigger to fit the larger 70 side marker lights. One day I will...just not today.

Scott

clicky clicky the link below for a better picture of her...

http://web.atmc.net/~snonnenman/images/17rims_029s.jpg

Welcome to the site Scott! Now I don't have to run all over the internet looking for ya :tongue_smilie:

Now that Mustang Week is all over I am back to work on mine .. slowly but surely getting her closer to done.

Ed

Thank you Ed. I don't usually visit the forums that often but I'll try to check in when I can. I have owned 69 and 70 stangs for many many years and can answer questions based on that experience if needed. I've owned a couple older ones too (66,68) but my passion is with the 69/70 style.

Mustang week was great again. Having one of very few classic stangs there certainly brings the attention. I cruised Ocean Blvd both Friday & Saturday nights and got complimented down the entire strip as usual by a ton of people walking or sitting streetside. As much as the new ones are cool looking, there's nothing like pulling up in a classic to get the crowd on it's feet and screaming! It just proves all the hard work wrenching and money spent in the garage really pays off.

Scott